Deadline November 20, 2013
Salary Range: $36.03 - $44.34 Per Hour (ONA)
Note: Applicants will be considered for interviews based on the information provided in their application to the Region of Halton including a current resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
This position is being offered on permanent full-time basis working 35 hours per week.
Must have a Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing and have a minimum of 5 years of public health nursing experience. Must hold a current certificate of competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario, with knowledge and understanding of the College’s standards of practice. Familiarity with the Canadian Community Health Nursing Standards is an asset. Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the use of social justice and, equity and inclusion concepts. Strong project management, strategic development, facilitation, and health promotion skills. Experience with multidiscipline collaboration, community development, capacity building, change management, knowledge exchange, program planning and evaluation. A leader with excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills. Strong skills in developing and supporting collaborative relationships. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision within a matrix reporting system. Current CPR certification, demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook). An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Travel will be required between locations in Halton Region. Incumbent must supply own transportation and have a valid Ontario driver’s license.
Using standards of promoting health, building individual/community capacity, building relationships, facilitating access and equity, and professional responsibility and accountability, the nursing duties will include the following:
- Contributes to improve the overall health and health equity of Halton citizens by providing services, which include, but are not limited to: community development, advocacy, project management, health promotion and support program planning with a focus on social determinants of health and health equity
- Provides consultation and expertise to the Health Department staff on the Ontario Public Health Foundational Standard with a specific emphasis on reducing inequities in health.
- Coordinates and collaborates with key Health Department staff and community stakeholders and partners for the implementation, ongoing monitoring and evaluation of equity-related initiatives identified and overseen by the Halton Health Department SDoH Steering Committee.
- Interprets data from public health reports and emerging research. Able to translate complex, technical information about the SDoH into understandable messages for various audiences.
- Provides support and consultation around Health Equity Impact Assessments to identify gaps and potential opportunities to enhance public health services and reduce health inequities.
- Leads and facilitates the Health Department’s multidisciplinary SDoH program leadership committee.
- Networks with other professionals, health units and organizations for knowledge transfer, translation, and best practice in relation to the SDoH and health equity.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
Posted: November 12, 2013
Posting Expiry: November 20, 2013
Posting #: H-291-13
Note: Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
Halton Job Postings: http://webaps.halton.ca/about/jobs/JobPostings.cfm