Deadline November 25, 2013
Since 1978, the Ontario Association of Children’s Rehabilitation Services (OACRS) has represented the interests of Children’s Rehabilitation Centres in Ontario. Through our services as a membership organization, we provide a powerful united voice for our member centres and deliver leadership by influencing policy, programs and funding to maximize the potential for all children and youth facing physical, communication and/or developmental challenges. Currently OACRS represents all 21 Children’s Treatment Centres in Ontario.
OACRS is committed to advancing an integrated, inclusive and family-centred sector. OACRS’ members provide innovative therapies and extensive treatment options to 60,000 children with physical, developmental and communications needs annually in cities, towns and rural areas across the province that total nearly $200M.
OACRS is seeking a qualified candidate for a full-time contract position of Project Coordinator (4 months possibility of renewal based on funding availability). This position will report to the Chief Executive Officer and her delegate.
- Managing the Request For Proposals process: review, scoring, arranging interviews and final selection.
- Coordinating meetings with key stakeholders including Centres, government and others: setting up meetings, preparing agendas, venue location, preparing minutes, preparing meeting packages and disseminating
- Project management: preparing project proposals, project workplans and timelines, providing status and interim progress report-backs.
- Ensure all participants in projects are kept informed and updated on a regular basis
- Develop reports and policy papers for multiple stakeholders (immediate supervisors, Centres, government, others).
- Visiting Centres as required for follow-up and project management.
- Address project-related risk issues as they arise in a pro-active manner.
- Researching: literature review, proposal, data analysis (some), other as required.
- Provide event planning support as required for conferences and other knowledge exchange and transfer events and initiatives.
- Support knowledge exchange and transfer activities: website content management, social media (twitter, facebook, linkedin), newsletter, web-conferencing training and educational sessions.
- General administrative support to OACRS as required.
- Superior communication skills –written and verbal.
- Strong computer skills: must possess knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Demonstrates initiative.
- Superior critical thinking.
- Strong client-focus orientation.
- Must be deadline-oriented.
- Highly detail-oriented.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Strong project management skills (PMP desired but not necessary).
- Strong research skills – have performed or participated in health related research or evaluation.
- Exposure or experience on information technology / management related projects desired.
- Must possess a graduate degree (Masters at minimum) in health services or related discipline.
- Must possess 5-7 years experience.
Salary range: $53,000-$65,000 per annum pro-rata (no benefits).
Interested applicants can apply by sending an email: email@example.com.
Applications must include a cover letter detailing your qualifications and must include a resume.
Deadline for submissions is November 25, 2013.
Position located in Toronto. To learn more about OACRS visit our website: http://www.oacrs.com.