North Bay, Ontario
Deadline December 16, 2013
Position: Public Health Dietitian - OPSEU – Healthy Living Team
Hours Of Work: Temporary - Full-Time – 35 Hours Per Week (1.00 FTE)
Effective: February 24, 2014 To February 20, 2015 (Subject To Change)
Location: Main Office - North Bay
Additional Info: Leave Of Absence
The Public Health Dietitian will work collaboratively on the multidisciplinary Healthy Living Team to meet the Chronic Disease Prevention requirement of the Ontario Public Health Standards. The Public Health Dietitian will research, plan, implement and evaluate a range of nutrition health promotion programs, specific to the adult and community populations. Areas of focus will include workplaces, food security, community based food skills programs, Diabetes type 2 prevention and other community food initiatives.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Baccalaureate (4 year) degree from a Canadian University with a major course of study in foods and nutrition
- Completion of an accredited dietetic internship
- Current registration with the College of Dietitians of Ontario
- Two years related experience in community or public health nutrition
- Experience in health promotion programming, including community development, health policy, social marketing,
- mass communications and media, application of health behaviour change theory, program planning, implementation
- and evaluation
- Excellent verbal, written and mass communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding of the social determinants of health as they relate to healthy eating
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate community partnerships with diverse groups in support of nutrition promotion
- Ability to conduct and interpret research such as literature reviews and situational assessments
- Ability to critically assess applied health research and develop detailed program proposals and reports
- Ability to use computer technology including MS Word, Power Point, Internet, E-mail and Social Media
- Ability to work within a self directed, multidisciplinary team and collaborate with other health unit teams in program
- Ability to work flex hours as required
- Must have a minimum “G” Ontario Drivers’ Licence and access to a reliable vehicle
- As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Reference Check including the Vulnerable Sector Check: recent, within four (4) months at their expense and will be required to comply with the Health Unit’s immunization policies.
Hourly Rate: Minimum $31.24 to Maximum $35.16
Closing Date: December 16, 2013 at 4:00 p.m.
Please forward your letter of application, resume, proof of education required for this position to:
Wendy Moore, Human Resources Assistant
Attention: Job #PH/2013/054
North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit, 681 Commercial Street, North Bay, ON P1B 4E7 or
E-mail: [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Once posting is closed, please refer to website for status of job posting.
The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.