Deadline February 19, 2014
Job Term: 1 Permanent
Job Code: 03523 - Executive Officer 2
Salary: $1,197.84 - $1,527.44 Per Week*
Posting Status: Open
Job ID: 62592
View Job Description: http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/Preview.aspx?JobID=62592
Are you a motivated leader who can effectively plan and manage information and knowledge/electronic service delivery to support the Office of the Worker Advisor's (OWA) operational and strategic business goals and needs? If so, this is the opportunity for you!
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role you will:
- ensure the effective management, mobilization and security of OWA information and knowledge
- plan and coordinate internal and external OWA communications
- lead the development, enhancement and maintenance of the OWA's electronic case management system
- plan and manage of OWA information technology and systems to support the OWA's operational and strategic business goals and needs
- provide group leadership to OWA Service Coordinators around information and knowledge management, the case management system, information technology and communications
How do I qualify?
- you have knowledge of specialized medical and research terminology and information sources
- you have knowledge of policies and procedures around information management, I&IT, privacy, freedom of information, and accessibility
- you have knowledge of theories, trends, and best practices concerning information and knowledge management, internet and website management and electronic service delivery
- you have an understanding of communications trends and best practices
- you have an understanding of document publication processes, editing and production processes and standards
Other Knowledge and Skills:
- you have proven analytical, planning and financial management skills to prepare business cases, costing, recommending best options, and preparing budgets and business plans
- you have organizational skills to manage a high volume of work, meet deadlines, and coordinate a number of concurrent knowledge management, communications, and IT projects
- you have interpersonal and customer service skills to provide leadership to staff and maintain relationships and partnerships with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- you have written and oral communications skills to lead communications and to prepare publications and materials for internal and external audiences
Address: 1 Permanent, 123 Edward St, Toronto, Toronto Region
Compensation Group: Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Category: Information Technology
Posted on: Tuesday, February 4, 2014
How to apply:
You must apply online by visiting http://www.ontario.ca/careers. You must enter the job id number in the Job ID search field to locate the job ad.
Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tips, Tools and Resources.
Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job.
We rely on the information you provide to us.
Read the job description to make sure you understand this job.
OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying. If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please Contact Us to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.
All external applicants (including former employees of the Ontario Public Service) applying to a competition in a ministry or Commission public body must disclose (either in the cover letter or resume) previous employment with the Ontario Public Service. Disclosure must include positions held, dates of employment and any active restrictions from being rehired by the Ontario Public Service. Active restrictions can include time and/or ministry-specific restrictions currently in force, and may preclude a former employee from applying and/or accepting a position with the Ontario Public Service for a specific time period (e.g. one year), or from applying and/or accepting a position with a specific ministry (either for a pre-determined time period or indefinitely). The circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment.
Remember: The deadline to apply is Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:59 pm EST. Late applications will not be accepted.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
*Indicates the salary listed as per the OPSEU Collective Agreement.