Port Hope, Ontario
Deadline March 28, 2014
Department of Communicable Disease Control Competition #0017-14
The Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit has an opening for a
full-time Infection Prevention and Control Nurse in its Communicable Disease Control
Department in the Port Hope office.
As a member of the Communicable Disease Control (CDC) Department the CDC Nurse is accountable to CDC Management for the implementation of the assigned Requirements of the Infectious Diseases Program Standards of the Ontario Public Health Standards (OPHS) http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/pro/programs/publichealth/oph_standards/d...
8.pdf and related protocols and guidelines including but not limited to the:
- Exposure of Emergency Services Workers to Infectious Diseases Protocol
- Immunization Management Protocol
- Infection Prevention and Control in Licensed Day Nurseries Protocol
- Infection Prevention and Control Practices Complaint Protocol
- Infectious Diseases Protocol
- Institutional/Facility Outbreak Prevention and Control Protocol
- Sexual Health and Sexually Transmitted Infections Prevention and Control Protocol
- Tuberculosis Prevention and Control Protocol
- Vaccine Storage and Handling Protocol
- and other duties as assigned by CDC Management.
Areas of emphasis may include Infectious Diseases Prevention and Control; Sexual Health, Sexually Transmitted Infections and Blood-borne infections (including HIV); Tuberculosis Prevention and Control; and/or Vaccine Preventable Diseases.
The position involves travel and variations of the working day.
Salary Range: $70,762-$77,696 (ONA 2014)
Qualified applicants are invited to send a resume and cover letter by Friday, March 28, 2014.
For the full posting, please visit http://www.hkpr.on.ca/Careers/InfectionPreventionandControlNurse.aspx.