Deadline March 19, 2014
Our Vision: To be the best place in Canada to raise a child, promote innovation, engage citizens and provide diverse economic opportunities.
Job ID #: 9627
Location: 1447 Upper Ottawa
Number of Vacancies: 1
Union/Non-Union: Non Union Mgmt Professional
Hours Of Work: 35.00 Per Week
Salary/Hour: $49.278 - $57.635 Per Hour *Note: See appropriate Collective Agreement or the Non Union Salary Range for details.
Status/Length: Full-Time Regular
Job Description ID #: 1947
Reports to Healthy Living Division Director; leads and manages the School Program, Secondary Team; applies organizational knowledge to ensure program aligns with division, department and City priorities, mission, vision, values and culture. Ensures compliance with relevant Board of Health and provincial legislation, policies and procedures. Provides Acting Director coverage, leadership within IMS emergency management model. Candidate must be innovative, flexible, motivated, foster relationships.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Baccalaureate degree in Health Sciences, Social Sciences from a recognized university with an emphasis on public health, health promotion or related discipline. Nursing Degree preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and progresssive experience in core competencies of public health in Canada: public health sciences, assessment and analysis, policy and program planning, implementation and evaluation, partnerships, collaboration and advocacy, diversity and inclusiveness, communication and leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective leadership and management to a multi-disciplinary workforce, preferably in a public health role, supported by a thorough understanding of best management practices and issues affecting staff in program delivery; demonstrated budget management, decision-making, administrative and organizational skills.
- Registered/certified with the appropriate professional college. College of Nurses preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, facilitation and presentation skills. Highly developed interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively at all organizational levels
- Sound knowledge of public health programs, relevant legislation, contractual obligations, applicable policies and procedures, including Health and Safety Act regulations, and computer proficiency in Microsoft Office and database applications
- Masters Degree in public health, health promotion, epidemiology, health services, behavioural sciences, public administration or a related field preferred.
The City is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
We invite you to visit the departmental webpage to obtain further information on the culture and business of this department.
The incumbent shall comply with all Health and Safety Policies and Practices for this position and the workplace.
It is the responsibility of the applicants to ensure that their application reaches Human Resources by the closing date or they may not be considered. It is also the responsibility of applicants to supply qualifications, licences and related experience relevant to the qualifications outlined above for this competition as directed.
On the basis of the criteria set out above, this posting is open to all applicants
The statements made by me are true, complete and correct to the best of my knowledge. I understand that any falsification of statements, misrepresentations, deliberate omission or concealment of information may be considered just cause for dismissal.
If you are interested in working alongside a dedicated team that’s contributing to the well-being of Hamilton’s residents, please visit http://www.hamilton.ca/careers for position details and to apply online. Alternatively, you may send your resume, by March 19, 2014 to:
Staffing/Workforce Planning Specialist
City of Hamilton
c/o City Hall, 71 Main Street West
Hamilton, ON L8P 4Y5
In person: Standard Life Building, 120 King Street West, 9th Floor, Hamilton