April 9, 16 & 23, 2014
This is a three-part webinar series. Participants are encouraged to attend all three sessions.
Over the past three decades, the field of health promotion has emerged as a new way of acting on the root causes of health and wellness. These actions have sparked the development of new approaches to improving the health of individuals and communities.
This three-part webinar series (http://www.publichealthontario.ca/en/About/Departments/Pages/Foundations...) will introduce participants to key concepts, milestones, theories, and strategies underpinning health promotion in Ontario through lecture-style presentations. Additional readings and complimentary materials will be recommended at the conclusion of each webinar for participants to prepare for the next session and to achieve a greater understanding of presentation materials.
- Session one will provide an introduction to key health promotion terms, definitions and concepts along with a review of historical milestones in Canadian health promotion practice.
- Session two will examine some of the main models underpinning health promotion with relevant case studies presented.
- Session three will consider key theories supporting health promotion at the individual, network, organization, community, and government/societal levels.
Pesenters: Benjamin Rempel and Brian Hyndman
- To support participants in understanding key concepts, milestones, theories, and strategies underpinning health promotion in Ontario.
- To raise the profile of health promotion among Ontario health practitioners.
Register for all three sessions: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/foundations-of-health-promotion-webinar-seri...
If you would like to attend only one or two sessions, please use the links below to register:
Session One: April 9, 2014, 10:30-11:30 a.m.
Register for session one: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/foundations-of-health-promotion-webinar-seri...
Session Two: April 16, 2014, 10:30-11:30 a.m.
Register for session two: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/foundations-of-health-promotion-webinar-seri...
Session Three: April 23, 2014, 10:30-11:30 a.m.
Register for session three: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/foundations-of-health-promotion-webinar-seri...
Stay up-to-date on upcoming events and calls for abstracts by visiting our calendar. If you have submissions, or questions or comments about the items above, send them to email@example.com.
Public Health Ontario is committed to complying with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodations to participate in this event, please contact 647-260-7100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.