Deadline March 28, 2014
The North Simcoe Muskoka Local Health Integration Network (NSM LHIN) is one of 14 local organizations that have been created in Ontario to plan, coordinate and fund local health services, including hospitals, community care access centres, long-term care homes, community health centres, community support service agencies, and mental health and addictions agencies. The office of the North Simcoe Muskoka LHIN is located in Orillia, Ontario.
The NSM LHIN is home to close to 453,710 people and encompasses the District of Muskoka, most of the County of Simcoe and a portion of Grey County. Responsible for $832 million in funding to allocate amongst 75 health service provider organizations, North Simcoe Muskoka residents have benefited from numerous LHIN programs and initiatives.
The NSM LHIN is looking for professionals with the right skills to work with their multi-disciplinary teams to use best practices and leading edge approaches to meet their populations’ health needs today and in the future.
Health Systems Performance Advisor
The NSM LHIN is seeking a Health Systems Performance Advisor to play a pivotal role in enhancing integrated local health service delivery while supporting various priorities and projects within the local communities in the North Simcoe Muskoka region.
In this full-time permanent position, the Health Systems Performance Advisor reports to the Senior Manager, Health System Performance, and is responsible for providing statistical, performance and financial analysis to support the development and monitoring of health systems priorities, strategies, projects and initiatives. This position performs a key role in the collection, analysis, interpretation and presentation of data to support planning, performance analysis and evaluation.
- Post-secondary degree in health information management, business administration, epidemiology or relevant field or equivalent related experience in a health care environment with a minimum of 2 years’ experience.
- Experience in decision support, performance monitoring, and the application of multiple planning and analytical methodologies, particularly as they relate to health services planning and/or funding.
- Experience using statistical, data management, extraction and reporting tools and software.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to prepare clear reports and convey complex technical information to senior executives, colleagues and stakeholders
- Experience using the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care’s Intellihealth System, Cancer Care Ontario’s iPort Access system or the Canadian Institute for Health Information’s Portal would be a major asset.
- Understanding of the Ontario Health-care System and Health Systems Funding Reform would be a major asset
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
For more information about the position, please contact Jessica Grimaldi at 416-237-1500 x248 or via email at Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information on the NSM LHIN please visit: http://www.nsmlhin.on.ca.
How to Apply: please forward your resume nsmlhin-HSPA@hrassociates.ca by March 28, 2014.
Compensation includes competitive salary, benefits and pension plan.
The LHIN is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants are welcome. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Individuals with a disability requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should advise the recruitment contact so arrangements can be made.