No deadline noted
The Propel Centre for Population Health Impact is seeking a Project Manager. The position requires a motivated individual to work in a creative team environment. The incumbent participates in the planning, development, implementation and maintenance of evaluation and research activities. The successful applicant is expected to work independently and to work collaboratively with other Propel staff and Investigators to achieve the requirements of the project(s).
This is a full time 4 month contract contingent on funding.
- Prepare literature reviews on key topics as they relate to assigned project(s)
- Prepare research ethics applications
- Assist with design and testing of data collection protocols, tools and instruments including problem solving and troubleshooting
- Participate in the development of and obtain approval for evaluation/research work plans from relevant investigators, project team or work group (this includes scope, timeline, deliverables and budget)
- Implement the evaluation/research protocols as developed (e.g., recruiting key informants, collecting data, etc. in accordance with research ethics protocols and other protocols)
- Provide supervision and / or guidance to junior and/or casual staff to complete required tasks in a timely manner
- Provide administrative support for research projects (e.g., organizing meetings between collaborators on a regular basis, recording of meeting minutes, etc.)
- Organize, prepare and disseminate high quality research/evaluation deliverables (e.g., presentations, reports and papers)
- Pro-actively and regularly communicate with the project team or work group to keep members (both external and internal) abreast of developments pertaining to the research/evaluation
- A master’s degree in health, behavioural, or social sciences or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in health behaviour or population intervention research preferred
- Demonstrated ability to assist in the planning and implementation of evaluation/research projects including both qualitative and quantitative skill sets
- Ability to communicate effectively with external stakeholders (e.g., with practice and policy collaborators in NGOs and government)
- Experience with preparing literature reviews
- Experience with qualitative research methods and analysis, including single and multiple case study research designs
- Experience with writing accurate, concise and high quality reports
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple priorities
- Experience with Nvivo and/or SAS/ SPSS an asset
- Experience with conducting open-ended and semi-structured interviews as well as focus groups an asset
- Experience in tobacco control an asset
- Experience with Delphi methodology, concept mapping and/or social network analysis an asset
- Experience in knowledge exchange/translation an asset
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. This is a full time 4 month contract contingent on funding. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this position please send resume and cover letter to Carol Murray at firstname.lastname@example.org.