Port Hope, Ontario
Deadline July 9, 2014
The Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit (HKPR DHU) has an opening for a part- time .5fte CDC Nurse/VPD in its Communicable Disease Control Department in the Port Hope office.
The CDC Nurse/VPD working within the Communicable Disease Control (CDC) Department, under the direction of the Director, the Assistant Director, and Manager, will provide immunizations at organized health unit clinics and complete other vaccination related activities in a variety of locations as assigned. A CDC Nurse/VPD may also be required to accept direction from an R.N. coordinating a specific clinic.
As a member of the Communicable Disease Control (CDC) Department the CDC Nurse/VPD is required to work with other CDC team members and with members of the public to ensure access to provincially funded vaccines; promote immunization of individuals of all ages; provide immunization, consultation, education, and health promotion. The CDC Nurse/VPD will also contribute to data collection, clinic organization and clinic evaluation.
All Registered Nurses employed by HKPR DHU are required to maintain competency in immunization and participate in clinics as required.
The position involves travel and variations of the working day.
Visit the Health Unit’s website (www.hkpr.on.ca) under ‘Careers’ for full details about the position.
The successful candidate will have:
- Registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Minimum of 3 years nursing experience
- Proof of current registration with College of Nurses of Ontario
- Clinical experience administering subcutaneous and intramuscular injections to individuals of all ages would be an asset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Well developed interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a vehicle
- Current and satisfactory Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Search
- Proof of immunizations required by HKPRDHU
- Current CPR and First Aid (HCP level)
Location: Port Hope
Salary Range: $70,762-$77,696 (ONA 2014)
Qualified applicants are invited to send a resume and cover letter by Wednesday, July 9, 2014, to:
Colleen McBride Manager, Human Resources
Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health
Unit 200 Rose Glen Road
Port Hope ON L1A 3V6
We would like to thank all applicants in advance and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.