Deadline June 26, 2014
Our client, St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton (SJHH) is a premier academic and research healthcare organization committed to making a difference in people’s lives and creating a lasting future for their community through integrated health services and internationally recognized programs. The newly redeveloped West 5th Campus offers expanded integrated health services and mental health and addiction care, providing specialized tertiary care to those living with mental illness.
With the expansion there is a need for 8 part-time Registered Mental Health Nurses in specialized programs. Registered Mental Health Nurses with experience in addictions are needed for the Concurrent Disorders Program to deliver integrated care. Registered Mental Health Nurses are needed for the Mood Disorders Program and the Schizophrenia & Community Integration Service inpatient units to provide comprehensive assessment, treatment, and rehabilitation.
Registered Nurses (RN) – Mental Health
As part of the specialized Mental Health & Addictions Program you will: provide holistic and specialized nursing care for adult patients with complex mental illness; complete mental health assessments and plan and organize evidence based treatment/therapeutic interventions across the care continuum; and, monitor patients, provide emergency care and help with activities of daily living.
- Registered Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario and Current CPR certification required;
- CNA certification in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing is preferred;
- experience in mental health nursing with demonstrated knowledge, skill and ability in the care of patients with mental illness;
- knowledge of the application of the Mental Health Act, Consent and Capacity, and other relevant legislation;
- knowledge of Mental Status Examinations (MSE), documentation standards, privacy legislation and health record management processes;
- excellent communication and relationship management skills to interact with patients, colleagues and stakeholders;
- direct clinical experience in providing mental health and /or addition services
- knowledge of individual counseling and group skills with strong crisis intervention and conflict resolution
- specialized experience caring for patients in the areas of concurrent disorders, schizophrenia, and/or mood disorders are assets.
To apply: please forward your resume by June 26, 2014, to email@example.com. For more information and/or to apply online, please visit http://www.hrassociates.ca/sjhh or call Jessica Grimaldi at 416-237-1500 x248.