Deadline August 29, 2014
Parent Action on Drugs (PAD) is looking for a creative, web-savvy individual who is capable of multi-tasking and providing leadership for the organization’s communication plan as well as the coordination of a key, multi-agency provincial project over the next two years.
PAD is a forward-looking not-for profit organization which addresses the multi-factored issues concerning youth substance use. We are a small provincial organization developing and delivering multiple programs and resources for parents and youth and those who support them.
We are seeking a Projects Coordinator who can take the lead in two important projects: working with PAD’s communication strategy and coordinating a federally funded provincial project to build community capacity for Strengthening Families for Parents and Youth, a family-based skills training program to enhance resiliency in vulnerable youth.
The Projects Coordinator is required to have a diverse skill-set, including strong people skills, excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to facilitate collaboration and cooperation. Bilingualism is an asset
Key areas of responsibility:
- Supports the development and implementation of the PAD Communications Plan and strategies to support dissemination and uptake of PAD resources
- Helps plan and implement internal and external communications strategies
- Develops, implements, and monitors communication activities in collaboration with colleagues
- Develops website content, updates, bulletins, blogs, brochures and other written material
- Supports the creation, editorial planning, writing, layout, graphics, and overall production of various communications materials.
- Manages and monitors the websites and connected social media
- Updates content to reflect current activities, working closely with internal and external contacts.
- Designs and executes content strategy
- Analyzes and reports on metrics and statistics to optimize web usage
- Monitors the websites to ensure optimal functioning and help resolve technical issues
- Liaisons and works with external contractors on communications functions where appropriate
- Works with community organizations to outreach, promote, implement and evaluate SFPY cycles
- Works with diverse partnering agencies throughout the province in the delivery of SFPY including assistance with recruitment, logistics, budget allocation, staffing, facilitating and participant support
- Prepares and delivers all-partner meetings through distance technology and follow-up liaison with partners through different communication strategies
- Develops and reports on the delivery of cycles; prepares reports to funder
- Supports the implementation of French language SFPY projects and maximizes project cross-over
- Coordinates and develops promotional and learning events and resources
- Sets up technical components of events, such as online delivery platforms.
- Provides research, content and production of event-related materials and/or resources
- Delivers training and workshops for youth and professionals
- Builds linkages and networks with community partners
- Works with partners in building PAD outreach, networks and communication
Educational and/or Professional Qualifications and Required Knowledge and Experience:
- Completion of a degree in health promotion, social science or education or related field and at least 2 years’ experience; or an acceptable equivalent of education and experience. Aptitude for web-based tools and applications.
- Direct knowledge and experience with managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent, editing/proofreading and verbal communications skills in English
- Flexibility and the ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of individuals
- Initiative and willingness to search for and gain expertise with on-line platforms
- Ability to write for different audiences and platforms
- Research and ability to produce professional documents
- Demonstrated facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong coordination and organizational skills
Health Promotion Knowledge
- Strong understanding of health promotion and education principles
- Keeping abreast of news, trends, and events in health promotion
- Experience using content management systems (such as WordPress)
- Computer literacy at an advanced level
- Knowledge of internet culture and experience using various social media tools.
- Working knowledge of voice over IP and web conferencing software
- Experience working with design and layout software and experience working with graphic designers or print production suppliers
- Knowledge of and comfort with use of diverse on-line tools such as Eventbrite, Fluid Survey, etc.
Salary Range: $45,000 - $55,000
Please forward your resume and cover letter no later than Friday, August 29, 2014 at 4:00 p.m. to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.