Smiths Falls, Ontario
Deadline August 25, 2014
Date: August 14, 2014
Position: Full Time (1.0 FTE), Temporary Status, Public Health Nurse Position with the Department of Healthy Living and Development. This term is until September 4, 2015. This term may end with two (2) weeks written notice or may be extended.
Location: The position will be assigned, and mileage reimbursed, from the Smiths Falls Service Site. As a member of the North Team, you may be assigned in the future to work, and receive mileage reimbursement, from one of the other service sites, including Almonte and Perth. Initially, the work assignment will be in Sexual Health.
Description: To provide Public Health Nursing services to individuals, families and the community as a whole, throughout the lifespan in a variety of settings in Leeds, Grenville and Lanark.
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing with Community Health Component;
- Current Certificate of Registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in health promotion, and illness and injury prevention strategies (individuals, groups and populations), coalition building and community partnerships;
- Demonstrated knowledge of public health sciences;
- Demonstrated skill in the use of community development, social marketing and public policy strategies;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and public relations skills, with capacity to relate to clients of different ages and different needs;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in the use of the nursing process with families, individuals, groups, and the community-at-large, particularly at-risk populations;
- Demonstrated initiative, self-direction, flexibility, leadership and decision making skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team and with other community agencies as well as independently with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrated research interest and/or ability and experience;
- Work constructively and contribute to a harmonious and effective work environment;
- Handle work in a professional manner with tact, diplomacy and confidentiality;
- Strong time management and organizational skills; able to deal with many competing demands in a calm, professional and independent manner;
- Solid problem-solving abilities; ability to set priorities and manage conflicting demands;
- Careful attention to detail;
- Knowledge and proficiency in use of the Internet and various computer programs in a Windows environment;
- Health Care Provider “C” CPR Certification;
Previous experience working in sexual health.
- Proof of the following are required after hire:
- Criminal record check;
- Valid driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle;
- Current immunization in accordance with Health Unit Policy, including annual influenza immunization as directed by the Medical Officer of Health.
Hourly Range: $32.9424 to $41.4925, plus twelve percent (12%) in lieu of benefits.
Start Date: As soon as possible.
Apply by: Please submit your resume with covering letter detailing how you meet the required qualifications by 4:30 pm on Monday August 25, 2014.
E-mail To: HR@healthunit.org
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with our agency; please note that we will only contact candidates selected for an interview.