Deadline September 2, 2014
Job ID 14-0274
Health Ontario (PHO) is a Crown corporation dedicated to protecting and promoting the health of all Ontarians and reducing inequities in health. As a hub organization, PHO links public health practitioners, front-line health workers and researchers to the best scientific intelligence and knowledge from around the world.
PHO provides expert scientific and technical support relating to infection prevention and control; surveillance and epidemiology; health promotion, chronic disease and injury prevention; environmental and occupational health; health emergency preparedness; and public health laboratory services to support health providers, the public health system and partner ministries in making informed decisions and taking informed action to improve the health and security of Ontarians. For more information about PHO, visit http://www.publichealthontario.ca.
Position Title: Knowledge Exchange Specialist
Duration: Permanent Full Time
Location: 480 University Avenue
Compensation Group: AMAPCEO
Job Code: Group 5
Salary: $63,330 to $89,163
Position Status: OPEN
Hours of Work: 36.25 hours per week
Posting Date: August 18, 2014
Closing Date: September 2, 2014
The Knowledge Exchange Specialist will build and strengthen organizational capacity for knowledge exchange within PHO. Acting as an expert resource to program areas and leading key initiatives as directed by supervisor, you will help ensure that PHO products and services are designed to meet the needs and priorities of our clients and enable policy, program and practice action.
- Works with interdisciplinary scientific programs and corporate services to identify knowledge exchange gaps and opportunities and to assist subject matter experts across PHO to incorporate/apply a knowledge exchange approach/framework to their work.
- Conducts environmental scans and needs assessments and assists with research and evaluation to inform program development; to promote the development of sound methodology and innovative knowledge exchange practice.
- Develops and promotes a PHO knowledge exchange framework; provides education on how to implement all aspects of the framework and incorporate knowledge exchange in all activities.
- Facilitates discussions to support the development of service models within departments (where appropriate) that align with the practice of knowledge exchange.
- Establishes approaches to measure uptake and utilization of knowledge products/services that draw on existing approaches, best practices and integrate with other evaluative efforts underway;
- Conducts evaluation to assess the impact of knowledge exchange activities.
- Identifies and creates supportive tools, processes and approaches to guide internal and external stakeholders in designing knowledge products, carrying out their respective knowledge exchange roles and promoting the use of appropriate dissemination channels for knowledge exchange.
- Provides expertise and advice to internal and external stakeholders about knowledge exchange practices, contributing to product development, dissemination and associated knowledge exchange and communications efforts.
- Works across the organization to plan and develop KE plans, including logic models, for new program and product development with a view to building organizational capacity for knowledge exchange and supports their implementation.
- Establishes and leads a PHO knowledge exchange community of practice.
- Provides a knowledge exchange perspective on all policies and procedures related to PHO products and services.
- Maintains strong links to the knowledge exchange/transfer community and identifies opportunities for PHO alignment and collaboration on knowledge exchange that would strengthen the collective role of public health knowledge exchange practice (e.g. National Collaborating Centres, PHAC, universities involved in knowledge exchange).
- Facilitates the development of partnerships with external organizations to develop a collaborative approach to respond to knowledge exchange gaps in public health practice and to lead teams and focus groups.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of knowledge exchange methods and best practices to provide knowledge exchange expertise, advice and support to build PHO’s knowledge exchange capacity.
- Knowledge of key roles and stakeholders in knowledge exchange to develop collaborative efforts and to keep abreast of development in the field.
- Knowledge of evaluation and research methodologies to conduct research and data collection as part of the development and evaluation of knowledge transfer/exchange products and services;
- Project management skills to lead a variety of knowledge exchange projects and teams within the PHO.
Education and Experience
- Masters’ degree in Public Health, Community Health, Knowledge Translation, Education or related discipline.
- Minimum of five years of experience in knowledge exchange/knowledge transfer/knowledge translation role in a research, health or public health organization.
Your cover letter and resume must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications and competencies of the position.
Thank you for your interest in this position, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please continue to view our website for new career opportunities with the Public Health Ontario.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit http://www.publichealthontario.ca/en/About/Careers/Pages/Current-Job-Opp... and click on the job title.
Your cover letter and resume must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications/competencies.
Thank you for your interest in this position, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.