Deadline October 20, 2014
Physician-Keele Roger site
Contract Part Time position (11 months)
(0.4 FTE per week)
Unison Health and Community Services is a non-profit, community-based organization that serves neighbourhoods in North West Toronto. Operating out of five locations, Unison offers core services that include primary health care, counselling, health promotion, Early Years programs, legal services, harm reduction programs, housing assistance, adult protective services, Pathways to Education and Diabetes Education Centre. Unison’s mission is working together to deliver accessible and high quality health and community services that are integrated, respond to needs, build on strengths and inspire change.
We are dedicated to providing high quality health care and community services and programs, with a focus on priority populations in North West Toronto.
We are working from an inclusive, sex positive, harm reduction, anti-racist, pro-choice, anti-oppression, and participatory framework in addressing the issue of access to health care for our mandated priority populations encompassing all the determinants of health.
At this point, we are seeking experienced physicians to join the Clinical and Allied Health Team at the Keele-Rogers site.
The Physician will have strong clinical and interpersonal skills to complement our team. Responsibilities include primary care to clients and their families within a care model that emphasizes health promotion and client education.
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated experience in community-based primary care settings;
- Demonstrated knowledge of and sensitivity to the impact of social, economic, environmental and cultural issues on health;
- Ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team of clinical and program staff;
- License to practice medicine and membership in good standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario;
- Ability to participate as part of an on-call service and to work one evening per week;
- Experience working with youth, mentally/physically-challenged individuals and/or seniors an asset;
- Ability to speak a second language an asset.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a résumé with covering letter by 5:00 p.m., Monday, October 20, 2014 to:
For more information and/or to apply, please contact:
Unison Health and Community Services
12 Flemington Road
Toronto, ON M6A 2N4
We welcome applications from people who are reflective of the diverse communities we serve, including those who might need accommodation.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interview will be contacted.