Deadline October 27, 2014
Reporting to the Director, this position is responsible for the effective and efficient planning, implementation and evaluation of a variety of programs, including community surveillance, epidemiology, departmental performance indicators, and the ethics review board. This position manages and provides technical expertise to support the Surveillance, Health Assessment, Research & Evaluation (SHARE) Unit personnel in conducting research, evaluation and epidemiologic studies as required by the Ontario Public Health Standards and departmental priorities. Additionally, this position works with partners in other departments across the Regional Municipality of Niagara and externally to provide methodologic and epidemiologic expertise. This position has the responsibility to maintain the integrity and security of sensitive and confidential data, including personal health information.
Minimum Requirements include:
- Master of Science or equivalent Degree in Epidemiology (quantitative)
- At least 2 years’ experience in public health and familiarity with the Ontario Public Health Standards
- At least 2 years’ experience as a primary and independent investigator in original health research
- Previous supervisory experience in a public health setting would be an asset
- Membership in the Association of Public Health Epidemiologists in Ontario (APHEO) is an asset
Salary range: $86,275 to $101,500 per annum
Job Opening #1
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow’s challenges!
To explore this opportunity and apply online, visit us at http://www.niagararegion.ca and visit our Careers Page.
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application no later than October 27, 2014 before midnight.
We appreciate receiving all expressions of interest; however, only those candidates invited for an interview will be acknowledged. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.