Port Hope, Ontario
Deadline October 17, 2014
Department of Communicable Disease Control Competition #0050-14 – Director
The Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit has an opening for a Director in its Communicable Disease Control Department based in the Head Office in Port Hope.
As the most senior management staff of the CDC department, the Director is accountable to the Medical Officer of Health (MOH) for the provision and administration of the Program Standards, Requirements and Protocols of the Ontario Public Health Standards (OPHS): www.health.gov.on.ca/en/pro/programs/publichealth/oph_standards/docs/oph...
As a member of the Health Unit Executive and Management Committees, the Director is accountable to the MOH for providing leadership in the operation and administration of the Health Unit, and ensuring staff work within the appropriate scope of practice. The position involves travel and variations of the working day.
Visit the Health Unit’s website (http://www.hkpr.on.ca) under ‘Careers’ for full details about the position.
The successful candidate will have:
- Master’s degree in related discipline or current enrolment in a Master’s degree program with completion of the degree within two years of hire to the Director position
- Five years in community/public health/health promotion with at least three of those years in a management role
- Registration/Certification as per department requirements
- Proficiency in the knowledge, skills and attitudes required for the role of Public Health, Manager/Supervisor as defined by the Core Competencies for Public Health in Canada http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/php-psp/ccph-cesp/stmts-enon-eng.php
- Working knowledge of the OPHS
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a vehicle
- Current and satisfactory Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Search
- Proof of immunizations required by HKPRDHU
- Satisfactory completion of Health and Safety certification and Basic Emergency Management training within one year of hire
- Satisfactory completion of probationary period (6 months)
- For Nurses, current CPR and First Aid (HCP level) or willingness to be certified at this level within 2 months of hire
Location: Base Office - Port Hope
Salary Range: $103,202-$110,815
Qualified applicants are invited to send a resume and cover letter by October 17, 2014 to:
Colleen McBride Manager, Human Resources
Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit
200 Rose Glen Road
Port Hope ON L1A 3V6
We would like to thank all applicants in advance and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.