Port Hope, Ontario
Deadline October 31, 2014
Competition #0052-14 – (part-time .4fte)
The Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit has an opening for a part-time (.4fte) Web and Digital Media Developer for its Communication Services Department based in Port Hope.
As a member of the Communication Services Department (CS), the Web and Digital Media Developer is accountable to the Manager, Communication Services and is responsible for ensuring the effectiveness and functionality of the Health Unit’s web-based communication in order to support the implementation of the Ontario Public Health Standards (OPHS) http://www.health.gov.on.ca/english/providers/program/pubhealth/oph_stan..., and other duties as assigned by the Manager, CS.
The Web and Digital Media Developer is expected to work independently and as part of a multi- disciplinary team to apply, and/or choose established methods or procedures to complete assigned work.
Direction is to be sought when solutions to problems are not apparent and/or are not within the intent of established practices including scope of practice.
The position involves travel and variations of the working day.
Visit http://www.hkpr.on.ca under ‘Careers’ for full position details.
The successful candidate will have:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in computer science, web design/development, or digital media
- Experience in designing or developing web sites and web-based/digital communication tools for diverse audiences preferred
- Experience in content management systems and/or website design/development
- Experience working within applicable accessibility standards, W3C international standards, and conducting accessibility audits on websites, checking for accessible PDFs, <alt> tags, photo captions
- Experience in working within data privacy practices and laws
- Experience in managing multiple and competing priorities
- Experience with Search Engine Optimization
- Experience in working within a variety of social media platforms
- Knowledge of the OPHS
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a vehicle
- Current and satisfactory Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Search
- Proof of immunizations required by HKPRDHU
- Satisfactory completion of probationary period (6 months)
Location: Port Hope
Salary Range: Based on an annual salary of $57,945-$64,527 (CUPE)
Qualified applicants are invited to send a resume and cover letter by Friday, October 31, 2014 to:
Colleen McBride Manager, Human Resources
Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit
200 Rose Glen Road
Port Hope ON L1A 3V6 Tel: 905-885-9100
We would like to thank all applicants in advance and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.