Deadline November 23, 2014
Position: Health Promoter
External Competition: HP-2014
Posting Date: Nov. 6, 2014
Closing Date: Nov. 23, 2014
Location: Kingston, OHRDP
Position Type: Permanent, Full-time (35 hrs/week)
Start Date: December 2014
Pay: $51,136.56 - $61,610.31 per annum
The Health Promoter develops, implements, and evaluates harm-reduction related knowledge transfer initiatives for the needle-syringe programs (NSPs) and other related harm reduction programs across Ontario. They assist in improving practices and increasing front-line knowledge and skills by disseminating key literature and supporting local program policies and practices. The Health Promoter conducts literature reviews and prepares reports and briefs to improve practices and outcomes.
- Conducts needs assessments
- Conducts environmental scans
- Conducts literature reviews
Evidenced-based Information Sharing/distribution
- Communicates and disseminates research and information, to support NSPs in harm reduction initiatives
- Team Lead for planning, coordinating and evaluating knowledge exchange opportunities
- Networks and collaborates with other harm reduction groups/coalitions (provincial)
- Develops content for the OHRDP website, ensuring it is accurate and current
- Develops content for the quarterly newsletter to NSPs and stakeholders
- Coordinates the planning and content development of information sharing events, like the Provincial Harm Reduction Conference
- Coordinates other possible knowledge exchange opportunities by partnering with other provincial knowledge exchange leads
- Supports the work of the Provincial Harm Reduction Advisory Committee by acting as a lead on established working groups
- Assists with promoting the Best Practice Recommendations and evidence based research
- Develops practical educational resources related to harm reduction \
Supports NSPs and Harm Reduction Programs
- Supports NSPs and harm reduction organizations in meeting the identified needs of the priority population
- Develops support resources for NSPs
- Assists Manager to ensure regional equity in program delivery and access to harm reduction supplies
- Oversees student placements
Basic Education and Experience Requirements
- Graduate degree in a relevant social science discipline, or combination of undergraduate degree and significant experience
- Minimum of two years of health promotion experience, preferably in a community setting;
- Minimum two years of experience with harm reduction principles and practices, preferably as they relate to Hepatitis C and HIV.
- Demonstrated proficiency in quantitative methods, principally descriptive statistics and ability to understand and explain complex material;
- Demonstrated ability to conduct focus groups and interviews
- Skilled in program planning, delivery, and evaluation
- Proficiency in MS Office, especially MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Time management
- Multitasking skills
- Team player
- Interpersonal Skills
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and quality improvement
- French language is an asset
- Current and satisfactory Criminal and Vulnerable Persons Check
Please include a cover letter clearly outlining how your skills and experiences correspond with the specific job qualifications along with your resume.
Save all documents as a single file using your own name (Last, First). A PDF format is preferred.
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org citing reference “HP-2014” in the subject line.
Applications must be received by the Human Resources Manager by 4:00 pm, Nov. 23, 2014.
All KCHC staff have a duty to understand and follow KCHC policies, uphold high ethical and professional standards, and maintain confidentiality and privacy, using tact and good judgment in all dealings with other staff and clients.
KCHC is an equal opportunity employer, respecting and embracing the needs and diversity of our employees. If you require an accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process, please notify the Human Resources Department.
Kingston Community Health Centres
263 Weller Ave.
Kingston ON, K7K 2V4