Deadline November 19, 2014
To be the best place in Canada to raise a child, promote innovation, engage citizens and provide diverse economic opportunities.
Job ID #: 10157
1447 Upper Ottawa St,
Number of Vacancies: 1
Union/Non-Union: ONA Local 50 Health
Hours of Work: 35.00 Per Week
Salary/Hour: $31.745 - $42.851 per hour
*Note: See appropriate Collective Agreement or the Non Union Salary Range for details.
Status/Length: Full-Time Temporary
*Note: This vacancy is for 12 months due to maternity/adoptive leave
Job Description ID #: 2054
The PHN works with elementary school students, parents, school staff and the community using a comprehensive Health Promoting School model of service delivery and youth engagement principles. The PHN collaborates in addressing school health priorities and offers services related to: child health, equal access initiatives, injury prevention, nutrition, physical activity and mental health promotion and tobacco use prevention.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Current certificate of competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario. Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing.
- Previous experience in community health and public health nursing preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to observe and follow the Canadian Community Health Nursing Standards of Practice, and the standards, policies, directives and orders of the College of Nurses of Ontario as they relate to Public Health Nurses.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, decision-making and assessment skills.
- Knowledge, skills and experience related to health promotion including the application of a health promotion framework.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary situation.
- Provision of a vehicle for use on the job. Must have a valid Class “G” Driver’s Licence
The City is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
We invite you to visit the departmental webpage to obtain further information on the culture and business of this department.
The incumbent shall comply with all Health and Safety Policies and Practices for this position and the workplace.
It is the responsibility of the applicants to ensure that their application reaches Human Resources by the closing date or they may not be considered. It is also the responsibility of applicants to supply qualifications, licences and related experience relevant to the qualifications outlined above for this competition as directed. On the basis of the criteria set out above, this posting is open to all applicants
The statements made by me are true, complete and correct to the best of my knowledge. I understand that any falsification of statements, misrepresentations, deliberate omission or concealment of information may be considered just cause for dismissal.
Please apply on or before: 2014-11-19
View posting and apply online: http://www.hamilton.ca/CityServices/Careers/Jobs-at-the-City.htm