Deadline November 26, 2014
Flemingdon Health Centre (FHC) is a registered charity and an incorporated not-for-profit Community Health Centre (CHC), located in Toronto. We provide a range of health related services based on the social determinants of health and community engagement models. We are primarily funded through the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care/Toronto Central Local Health Integration Network (TC-LHIN).
We are seeking an analytically-minded Administrator, Health Services to work collaboratively and support an inter-disciplinary, multi-site primary care team. This position will provide high- level, day-to-day administrative support to the Director, Health Services and the Health Services team with the aim of ensuring the best possible Health Service outcomes at FHC.
Employment terms: Full-Time, plus health benefits and pension (35 hours/week, with the expectation of working some evenings)
Salary range: $39,391 to $47,215
Reporting to: Director, Health Services
Expected Start date: January 5, 2015
Qualifications, Skills and Proficiencies:
- Minimum of a high school diploma with relevant technical training.
- Post- secondary education in health or human services administration, or other related fields would be an asset.
- At least 2 years of experience providing professional administrative support in a busy work place to multiple individuals.
- Knowledge of the Ontario Healthcare system and the role of Community Health Centres would be an asset.
- Skilled to work with various types of data to summarize information.
- Experienced assisting with the project planning and implementation process.
- Solid problem solving experience by utilizing developed critical thinking skills.
- Self-motivated and proactive, with a proven ability to work well within team environments.
- Ability to be well organized with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing priorities and to stay focused while dealing with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to proactively identify challenges and opportunities regarding the smooth functioning of the team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with an ability to write for different audiences with an appropriate tone.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with sound judgment and discretion.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new computer software quickly and independently.
- Some flexibility in hours will be required.
- Coordinates and implements administrative functions within the Health Services team.
- Coordinates the work schedules of Health providers.
- Provides project coordination to support Health Services team.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with internal and external partners to provide high quality client care in a multi-disciplinary setting.
- Coordinate Chart Audits.
- Other duties, as required.
- Provides administrative support to the Director, Health Services.
- Liaises with the Director, Health Services to provide timely information regarding challenges and potential solutions for a range of tasks.
- Implement and maintain FHC’s invoice tracking system for noninsured clients. Verifies costs of services rendered and follows up with hospitals, labs, and specialist billing departments to resolve discrepancies.
- Prepares documents, correspondence, reports and presentation materials, managing sensitive and/or confidential materials, and developing document, program and reporting templates.
- Orders and maintains office supplies, medical supplies, and resource materials for the department.
- Performs general office and reception duties.
- Participates in FHC committees as required.
- Other duties, as required.
Interested individuals are invited to submit an application including a cover letter and resume by Wednesday, November 26 at 5:00 p.m. to:
Flemingdon Health Centre
10 Gateway Blvd.
Toronto, ON M3C 3A1
Email to: email@example.com
*Please mention the following in the subject line: Administrator, Health Services Position
**We thank all applicants for their interest but regret that only those selected for an interview will receive acknowledgement. Please note that a criminal background check (Vulnerable sector) will be conducted for this position.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.