Deadline January 9, 2015
We are looking for someone with a dynamic personality who is experienced in both Early Childhood Education and the immigrant experience. This role would allow you to develop ideas and resources that would be used by the child care community to build a quality newcomer program. This position is suitable for someone looking to work as a self employed consultant on a part-time basis.
What it takes to be part of our growing team
- degree or diploma in education, early childhood or a related field of study with experience working with children’s services
- an understanding of the immigrant experience/working with immigrant families/children
- the capacity to develop ideas and resources that will be effective in supporting ECEs in working with newcomer children
- ability to roll out provincial training initiatives
- work as a team member to develop services
- public speaking, mentoring, and/or adult education
- proficient in the use of computer software
- excellent research and analytical skills
- knowledge of communication principles and marketing techniques
- knowledge of customer service standards and procedures
- excellent communication skills both oral and written
- professional commitment and manner in working with stakeholders
- solid project management and time management skills
- bilingualism a strong asset
- successful completion of a criminal records check
- current first aid and CPR certificate
- access to your own vehicle
- ability to travel as needed
Responsibilities you will have as part of the team
- conduct research to remain current in the field
- work with the team to identify sector needs
- develop resource and training ideas focused on immigrant children
- mentor CNC staff to implement practices that support the settlement of immigrant children
- work directly with program staff to identify practices and strategies to improve the newcomer focus of programs
Please forward your resume to email@example.com.
Application Deadline 1/9/2015
Individuals selected for interviews will be notified.
Further information about us can be found at http://www.cmascanada.ca.