Deadline December 24, 2014
Davenport-Perth Neighbourhood and Community Health Centre (DPNCHC) is a multi-service organization that provides a wide variety of health and health promotion programs and services for a diverse community. The Health Centre is currently seeking one, experienced Medical Secretary to provide a consistently high standard of secretarial and administrative support. You'll work with a multidisciplinary team of physicians, nurse practitioners, registered nurse, dietitian, psychiatric consultant and other mental health professionals.
- Provided a high level of customer service and contribute to creating a warm and inviting reception area for health centre clients on the telephone and in person
- Schedule client, specialist and diagnostic testing appointments
- Prepare, maintain, retrieve, track and file charts manually and electronically
- Prepare referral and consultation letters as directed
- Maintain appointment scheduling and an up-to-date resource and referral directory
- Revise providers’ schedules as required
- Implement document management and distribution systems and maintain inventory of necessary forms and supplies
- Sterilize equipment, order supplies and stock rooms as required
- Medical Secretary Diploma from a recognized training institution
- 3 years’ experience in a clinical or medical setting with a team of clinical providers
- Accurate and efficient secretarial skills, including word processing and filing accuracy
- Ability to work in a busy setting and to multi-task
- Ability to communicate clearly in English
- Commitment to an interdisciplinary team approach to health and social services
- Knowledge of confidentiality guidelines required in a health setting
- Ability to work according to policies and protocols
- Experience working in a culturally diverse setting
- Willingness to work evenings until 8.00 p.m. when required
- Knowledge of Davenport-Perth neighbourhood, Portuguese and/or Spanish language skills, and experience with Nightingale On Demand (NOD) electronic medical record system are considered assets
Salary Range: $19.712 - $23.749 per hour plus extended health benefits. This position is part of the bargaining unit.
Expected Start Date: January 2015.
Submit cover letter and resume via email: Posting: 2014-028 to email@example.com or mail to
1900 Davenport Road, Toronto, ON. M6N 1B7
Due Dates: Internal Applicants: 5 pm, Dec 19, 2014; External Applicants: 5 pm, Dec 24, 2014.
Davenport-Perth Neighbourhood and Community Health Centre encourages applications from candidates whose background is diverse in terms of culture, race, language, religion, class, gender/sexual orientation, and including those who may need accommodation. DPNCHC is a perfume free environment. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.