Central, Central East, and North Simcoe Muskoka Regions; Ontario
Deadline January 16, 2015
Entité 4 is one of six French Language Health Planning Entities created by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care. Its mandate is to ensure planning for health care services in French and to advise the Central, Central East and North Simcoe Muskoka Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs) in order to improve access to quality health care services in French for the francophone population of its catchment area.
Entité 4 is seeking bilingual candidates motivated to develop the francophone community of Ontario, with a great ability to work collaboratively with Francophone and Anglophone partners to improve health services in French.
The Planning Officer, in close cooperation with the Entité’s Executive Director, team members and partners, is responsible for planning French Language health services.
In a systemic environment, the Officer works closely with the LHINs’ planners and French Language Services Coordinators, health service providers and related stakeholders, francophone community organizations, as well as other partners within the territory, in order to validate information about the needs and availability of French health services and to support projects to enhance these services.
The Planning Officer provides specialized counsel to the LHIN regarding French language health services. To develop recommendations for the LHINs, the Planning Officer utilizes knowledge of the community profile and its needs, while taking into consideration the guidelines, opportunities and constraints of the local health system.
The Planning Officer will be called upon to utilize project management processes to deliver short, medium and long-term impacts on the healthcare system.
The Planning Officer is also responsible for efficiently creating and managing workgroups devoted to a specific healthcare sector or geographical zone covered by the Unit.
- University degree in health administration or health sciences.
- Minimum five years’ experience in health care planning and health services development, or in health care management.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both French and English.
- Excellent knowledge of the Windows operating system and of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook).
- Team leader capable of motivating a group.
- Ability to establish positive relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Critical and analytical thinker.
- Ability to adapt, innovate and problem-solve.
- Ability to develop persuasive argumentation.
- Team player.
- Good communicator.
- Strong group facilitator able to adapt to diverse audiences.
- Strong writer.
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment.
- Competitive salary
- Full range of benefits
- Situated in Aurora, ON
- 35 hours per week
- Must be able to work evenings and week-ends on occasion.
- Will be required to travel throughout the territory (Toronto, Durham, York, Simcoe North Muskoka).
All submissions must contain:
- A cover letter
- A resume
All applications must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 16, 2015 at 4:00 p.m.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Entité 4 is an equal opportunity employer.