North Bay or Parry Sound, Ontario
Deadline January 14, 2015
Position: Student Public Health Inspector – OPSEU – Environmental Health Program
Hours of Work: Temporary – Full-Time – 35 Hours Per Week (1.00 FTE)
Effective: May 4, 2015 To August 28, 2015 (Subject to Change)
Location: Main Office – North Bay Or Parry Sound Branch Office
Additional Info: Student Position
Working as a member of the Environmental Health team, under the direction of the Program Manager, the student will gain the practicum required to participate in the certification process. Duties will include: food safety; safe water; tobacco control; communicable disease surveillance and investigation (including rabies); health hazard investigation; and other general public health activities as assigned.
Education, Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Currently enrolled in a approved Canadian Institute of Public Health Inspectors (CIPHI) Environmental Health Program
- Currently a student member in good standing with CIPHI
- Flexibility to respond to varied and shared tasks associated with team functioning
- Self-motivated and able to complete assigned duties with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to use computer technology including MS word, PowerPoint, Internet, email and social media
- Ability to participate effectively in a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to prepare reports
- Ability to work flex hours as required
- Required to wear personal protective equipment
- Requires a valid “G” Ontario Driver’s Licence and access to a reliable vehicle
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Reference Check including the Vulnerable Sector Check: recent, within four (4) months at their expense and will be required to comply with the Health Unit’s immunization policies. Applicants requiring accommodation for the interview are asked to make such requests only when contacted for an interview.
Hourly Rate: To be determined
Closing Date: January 14, 2015 at 4:00 p.m.
Please forward your resume, cover letter and proof of education required for this position to:
Wendy Moore, Human Resources Assistant
Attention: Job #PH/2014/037
North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit
681 Commercial Street
North Bay, ON P1B 4E7
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Once posting is closed, please refer to website for status of job posting.
The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.