No deadline noted
Full Time, Part Time and Locum Positions Available
The London InterCommunity Health Center seeks dynamic Primary Care Physicians to join our clinical team dedicated to providing health care to those who experience barriers to care. These positions offer a unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of new immigrants and refugees, and those impacted by homelessness, mental illness, addiction, poverty, language barriers, and complex and/or chronic health conditions. The successful candidates will work in collaboration with the client, and other care team members to thoroughly understand all aspects of the client’s situation and provide high quality care aligned with the values of the Health Centre.
The Physician works as a member of an interdisciplinary primary care team of Nurse Practitioners and Nurses. The clinical team, in turn is supported by Social Workers, Dietitians, Outreach Workers, Community Developers and support staff specializing in the areas of Mental Health, Children, Youth & Families, Immigrants & Ethno-cultural Communities, Poverty & Homelessness, and Diabetes & Chronic Diseases. The Health Centre operates an anonymous HIV testing clinic on site and has developed a community partnership with Regional HIV/AIDS Connection to support the work of the Hepatitis C Care Team.
- Medical Degree from a recognized university;
- General license to practice medicine from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario;
- Three to five years primary care experience, preferably in a community health setting;
- Awareness of, and understanding of, the social determinates of health;
- Commitment to the underlying principles of harm reduction;
- Ability to work with diverse communities with respect, sensitivity, creativity, innovation, cultural understanding, non-judgement and facilitation skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- A commitment to working as a valued member of an interdisciplinary team;
- Ability to maintain complete and accurate records in accordance with the Health Centre’s policies;
- Strong computer skills, including the use of MS Office Products and Electronic Medical Records (Nightingale on Demand currently in use).
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for this position by forwarding a covering letter and resume by to the attention of Human Resources:
London InterCommunity Health Centre
659 Dundas Street
Fax: (519) 642-1532
London, Ontario, N5W 2Z1
The Health Centre is committed to hiring staff that reflect the diversityof the clients and community that we serve.
To learn more about the Health Centre visit us online at http://www.lihc.on.ca, follow us on Twitter @HealthCentre or like us on Facebook – London InterCommunity Health Centre.