January 22, 2015
1:00-2:00 p.m. EST
This free webinar will update you on the highlights of the ECO’s most recent report. Gord Miller is the Environmental Commissioner of Ontario; the province's independent environmental watchdog. In this one-hour webinar, he will present his perspective and his advice to ministries on several issues in the news this past year. You will be able to submit questions during the Q and A session. Register today to learn about the Commissioner’s findings on:
- Commercial logging in Algonquin Park
- Protection for Ontario pollinators from neonicotinoid pesticides
- Air pollution and a First Nations community in Sarnia
- Compliance efforts to control industrial pollution in Ontario
- Health of farm soils
Gord Miller was first sworn in as the Environmental Commissioner of Ontario on January 31, 2000, to oversee how ministries implement the Ontario Environmental Bill of Rights (EBR). He has since been re-appointed for his third term. As an independent officer appointed by the Legislative Assembly, Commissioner Miller oversees 13 ministries and monitors and reports annually on:
- Government compliance with the EBR;
- Government progress on reducing greenhouse gas emissions; and
- Energy conservation in Ontario, including electricity, natural gas, propane, oil and transportation fuels.
This webinar will be moderated by Andre Vallillee, Environment Program Director, Metcalf Foundation, and Chair of the Canadian Environmental Grantmakers’ Network (CEGN).
Register online at https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6732113247047236354.