Deadline January 31, 2015
The Waterloo Wellington Local Health Integration Network is currently recruiting for a 16 month maternity leave contract for the following role,
Job Title: Senior Planner
- Responsible for corporate expertise in the delivery and analysis of data and information that assists in determining local health-care system plans and priorities. Based on this, formulates strategies and recommendations regarding system improvement opportunities. Leads planning initiatives and makes recommendations on strategic priorities including the Integrated Health Services Plan and Annual Business Plan.
- Provides leadership to projects related to improving population health which may include chronic disease prevention and management, social determinants of health, or other efforts.
- Perform high-quality planning, research and analysis of provincial data, community input and other sources in order to identify gaps and provide input to system design work including the Integrated Health Service Plan (IHSP) and the Annual Business Plan (ABP), CDPM, and other strategic priorities.
- Use multiple planning approaches, and community input, in order to Create implementable plans to improve the local health system
- Stay abreast of best practices and methodologies in health-care planning in order to identify and recommend best planning approach.
- Research, analyze and interpret statistics, demographics and other information to inform demand forecasting, planning and decision-making.
- Perform situational analysis/environmental scans and develops narrative reports as required.
- Develop and use appropriate evaluation and data gathering methodologies in support of health system design work.
- Provide data identification and analysis for system-wide strategic initiatives that are transformational in their nature Develop key strategic documents and make recommendations on system directions and priorities
- Analysis of performance indicators and outcomes, focusing on risk management
- Lead planning projects including effective engagement with stakeholders, information gathering, and communication
- Participate in or lead Committees related to planning objectives for IHSP priorities. Collaborate with the Waterloo Wellington Decision Support Centre to gather information and generate system reports
- University degree (Masters level preferred) in related discipline.
- Strong skills in comprehensive data review, consolidation and analysis including previous experience in technical research, analysis and planning initiatives, preferably in the health-care sector.
- Expertise and proven ability to apply multiple planning and analysis of methodologies and make effective recommendations.
- Proven ability to provide project coordination with multiple stakeholders .
- Ability to synthesize information from multiple sources
- Understanding of the Ontario health-care system and issues.
- Excellent written communications skills to prepare clear reports and analyses of data which will support effective decision-making and priority-setting.
- Excellent oral communications skills to explain complex technical information to leadership, colleagues and stakeholders.
- Solid knowledge of the LHIN community
- Experience using business intelligence tools (ie. CIHI Portal, Intellihealth, iPort Access) preferred.
- Knowledge and experience related to diabetes and other Chronic diseases preferred
To submit your application, please email Staci Bartlett, Business Manager Staci.Bartlett@lhins.on.ca.