Cancer Care Ontario (CCO) has released two new cancer screening resources for reaching under-/never-screened newcomer and immigrant populations.
Settlement.org provides newcomers with information to help them settle in Ontario. CCO has posted information on this site about cancer screening and prevention, which you can view by visiting the following:
- Top 7 Tips for Reducing your Risk of Cancer, http://www.settlement.org/sys/faqs_detail.asp?k=NUT_CANC&faq_id=4001658
- Checking for Breast Cancer, http://www.settlement.org/sys/faqs_detail.asp?k=NUT_CANC&faq_id=4001655
- Checking for Colon Cancer, http://www.settlement.org/sys/faqs_detail.asp?k=NUT_CANC&faq_id=4001656
- Checking for Cervical Cancer, http://www.settlement.org/sys/faqs_detail.asp?k=NUT_CANC&faq_id=4001657
2) Cancer screening video stories and facilitator guides
The video stories feature short testimonials of women speaking in their own language about their fears and beliefs related to cancer screening. Four stories are available in Hindi, Mandarin and Bengali (with English subtitles). Each story is accompanied by a customized facilitator guide that provides strategies for group educational discussions. You can find these at http://www.cancercare.on.ca/newcomers or on CCO's YouTube channel.
This work is a partnership between Cancer Awareness: Ready for Education and Screening (CARES) and CCO.
We encourage you to share these resources with your networks and post a link to these resources on your organization’s website.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please send them to email@example.com.