Deadline January 25, 2015
Niagara Region has an Epidemiologist position available within the Public Health Department.
Reporting to the Senior Epidemiologist, provides expertise in the planning, coordinating, implementing, and evaluation of epidemiological studies. Provide expertise into the evaluation of Health Department projects and programs (i.e. Healthy Babies, Healthy Children Program). Provide functional guidance, giving advice on the job functions (i.e., with evaluation). May require supervision of students, trainees or outside researchers
- A Baccalaureate degree in Health related discipline.
- A Master of Science degree in Epidemiology.
- At least 3 years experience working in a community-based epidemiology role, preferably within a Health Department
- Experience with program/project evaluation.
- Knowledge of federal, provincial, and municipal governments
- Knowledge in the following epidemiological skills: outbreak investigation, cluster investigation, hypothesis generation and testing, database entry, appropriate statistical analysis, and report development
Job Opening# 12592
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow’s challenges!
To explore this opportunity and apply online, visit us at http://www.niagararegion.ca and visit our Careers Page.
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application no later than January 25, 2015 before midnight.
We appreciate receiving all expressions of interest; however, only those candidates invited for an interview will be acknowledged. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.