Deadline February 2, 2015
Draw on your passion. Shape our community.
York Region is one of Canada’s fastest growing municipalities and as part of our diverse and highly engaged team, you’ll have the opportunity to work on innovative projects that foster economic vitality, further a sustainable environment, enhance our public services and promote a healthy community. York Region is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and as we grow, it’s important that our workforce reflect the citizens we serve. At the Region, we respect, encourage, and celebrate our diversity. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. For more information on a career with York Region, please visit www.york.ca/careers
Staff Education Specialist – Long Term Care #16563
Community and Health Services Department
Business Operations and Quality Assurance Branch
Location: Newmarket, Ontario. This is a Union position.
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 37.5; Scheduled Shifts: 0830 - 1630
Temporary Full-Time, Approx. 6 months, Salary $43.14 - $46.88 per hour
Reporting to the Program Manager, Education and Training, is responsible for (assessing learning needs and planning, designing, developing, organizing, delivering and evaluating learning and development programs within Long Term Care (LTC); undertaking and participating in research, special projects and evaluation of practices and procedures.
- Successful completion of a Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing from a recognized university.
- Current Certificate of Registration as a Registered Nurse from the College of Nurses of Ontario; practices within the Standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Valid CPR certificate.
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check.
- Minimum three (3) years nursing experience and demonstrated successful experience in adult facilitation, program design, development and evaluation in a Long Term Care facility or other geriatrics environment.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in the training and facilitation of the legislation, guidelines and regulations and corporate core competencies, as they relate to the positions and responsibilities of the staff of Long Term Care.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, team work, initiative/self management, accountability, flexibility and adaptability.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability using a variety of learning medium such as electronic presentation format and technologies, integrated multimedia and on-line learning technologies, video conferencing and in-house classroom design.
- Computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications with proficiency in word processing and PowerPoint.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Analytical, research, planning, co-ordination and project management skills with ability to work independently on diverse projects.
- Ability to deal cooperatively and effectively with all levels of staff, unions/employee/client groups and ability to foster cooperative/collaborative working relationships and to work effectively independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to problem solve and work with changing legislation and organization structure.
- Ability to identify areas for constructive change and communicate issues and potential solutions to management.
- Ability to travel to off site locations in a timely and efficient manner, as required.
- Ability to work outside regular business hours, including evenings, nights and weekends, as required.
Please apply on-line at http://www.york.ca by February 2, 2015, quoting competition #16563. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For additional information on York Region, please visit the above-mentioned website.