Smiths Falls, Ontario
Deadline February 4, 2015
Rural Recreation Association (RRA) brings together municipal recreation departments and non-profit physical activity and recreation organizations serving the Lanark Leeds and Grenville and surrounding area, for the purpose of improved communication, collaboration and knowledge and use of current recommended practices.
The Rural Recreation Association in collaboration with the Healthy Communities Partnership: Lanark Leeds & Grenville requires the development of a report on the Essential Role Recreation Plays in the Economic Development and Health of Lanark, Leeds & Grenville.
This work will be directed by the RRA Executive Committee and will take place between February 10th and March 23rd 2015. The successful candidate will work closely with and under the immediate direction of the Chair of RRA in consultation with the RRA Executive Committee.
Expectations of Incumbent:
Prepare a report on the Essential Role Recreation Plays in the Economic development and health of Lanark, Leeds & Grenville.
- Compile a business case report:
- Review existing literature on the role of recreation in health and the rural economy
- Interview key informants (minimum 10) in the region to identify their perception of how recreation supports health and the rural economy
- Summarize key points about the type of recreation and its impact, relating it to current recreation programs in the region
- Develop an executive summary with key messages identified
- Prepare presentations of this material for the following members of the community:
- Elected officials and municipal staff
- Community Organizations
- Community groups/residents
Weekly discussions with contact person to monitor progress and answer questions: February 10th to March 20th 2015.
Deliverables will be completed and made available to the RRA Executive Committee on an ongoing basis over the course of the contract.
All materials will be submitted in final format by March 23rd 2015.
- A reflection of your understanding of the project and its’ scope.
- Successful past experience (at least 3 years) supporting similar projects and initiatives
- Demonstrated excellent working relationships with diverse stakeholders
- Strong research and writing skills
- Ability for rapid turn around
- Attributes: Inclusive; collaborative and able to work in a team environment; flexible and impartial; excellent communication
Acceptance/Rejection of Submissions
The RRA Executive Committee will be responsible for evaluating the submissions based on the criteria stated above. The successful candidate will be informed of the results no later than Monday February 9th 2015.
Proposals should not exceed $6,000 for the contract period including applicable taxes, with anticipated start of February 10th 2015 and final draft by March 23rd 2015. Project funding is available until March 31st 2015.
The fees payable shall represent payment in full for all services. There will be no deduction at source from this income. No other payments will be made to the Contractor or on the Contractor’s behalf.
Please send the following documents as part of the application:
- Cover letter demonstrating how your qualifications/experience fit with the project expectations
- Qualifications and experience
- Resumes of applicable personnel
- Writing sample of previous work (preferably a final report from a previous facilitation or coordination project)
- List of three references
- A proposed work plan, timeline, and cost (including per diem and number of days) for completion of the project
Please submit these documents electronically as a Word document or PDF format. The RRA Executive Committee will maintain the confidentiality of the material submitted. Facsimile or digital letters will be accepted, in Word or PDF format to:
Rural Recreation Association – Attn: Lianne Arndt
25 Johnston St.
Smiths Falls ON K7A 0A4
Tel :( 613) 283-2740 X 2436
Fax: (613) 283-1679
All questions regarding RFP can be emailed to the email@example.com
Application deadline: 4:30 p.m. Wednesday February 4th 2015
A sub-committee of the RRA Executive Committee will review proposals and select a candidate based on qualifications. Candidates should make themselves available on Monday February 9th 2015 for potential contact by the selection committee.
The Leeds Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit will oversee contract compliance and processing of payments for services.