Niagara Falls, Ontario
Deadline January 30, 2015
The Social Worker will serve as a team member for the Niagara Falls “Caring for my COPD” community program and the NFCHC clinical team and will split time between teams to provide client-centered care through direct counseling to individuals, couples, families and groups. The Social Worker’s approach to client care will be evidence based, innovative, and utilize current models of counseling, assessment and psychotherapy. A systems perspective, attention to continuous quality improvement, and exceptional communication skills are essential to the success of this position.
The Social Worker will:
- Provide short term, solution focused services for individuals, including those with complex and multiple social and emotional challenges
- Consult with NFCHC staff regarding clients and development of care plans for complex clients
- Participate in case conferences for client
- Facilitate and/or co-facilitate groups with NFCHC staff
- Plan, implement and actively participate in educational programs for clients with COPD.
- Maintain clinical records and data compilation utilizing the electronic medical record
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with appropriate agencies and service sectors
- Integrate evidence- based practice into client and program interventions.
- Assist in evaluating the Caring for My COPD program, including the collection of ongoing statistics and completion of quarterly reports for stakeholders.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Masters degree in Social Work or equivalent from a recognized university preferred
- Registered with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers.
- 3-5 years experience in a community setting
- Ability to work with a broad range of clients and a variety of issues such as aging, addictions, early trauma, parent/child relationships, personal growth and development, coping strategies
- Experience in supporting individuals with chronic diseases
- Knowledge and experience in different models of counseling, assessment and psychotherapy.
- Excellent knowledge of community mental health resources.
- Knowledge of and experience with group facilitation and co-facilitation.
- Demonstrated ability for problem solving, analysis, and evaluation
- Demonstrated interpersonal, organizational and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to respond to clients and situations with flexibility and adaptability.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational and decision-making skills required
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent time and stress management skills required
- Computer literacy and basic proficiency with Microsoft Office is required
Hours of work: Monday-Friday, some evenings, weekends, may be required. Hours Negotiable up to 22.5 hour per week
Hourly Rate of Pay: $28.90 to $34.82
Please submit application with resume and cover letter to Health Program Director HR at LBlundell@nfchc.ca or by mail to the address below.
All applications must be submitted by January 30, 2015.
We appreciate your interest, however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
Niagara Falls Community Health Centre
4481 Queen St.
Niagara Falls, ON, L2E 2L4