Waterloo or Cambridge, Ontario
Deadline January 30, 2015
Public Health Planner (Three to Four Positions Available)
Region of Waterloo Public Health and Emergency Services
Length: Temporary full-time (up to 15 months in duration)
Wage: $37.86 - $43.02 per hour ($68,905.20 – $78,296.40 per annum)
Location: 99 Regina St. S., Waterloo or 150 Main St., Cambridge
- Researches, designs, plans, implements, and evaluates public health policies, programs and strategies
- Conducts research, evaluation and analysis of factors which promote and protect health and prevent illness.
- Designs and implements research and evaluation plans to monitor and assess the effects of public health programs.
- Analyzes and interprets data. Generates reports from electronic data sets.
- Integrates theoretical frameworks with local data to design programs.
- Leads or participates in community development and planning initiatives
- Facilitates and/or leads project teams
Required Qualifications (Education and Experience)
- Master degree in Health or Social Sciences (completed) or equivalent of related education and work experience
- One year experience in program evaluation, planning, health promotion, and policy development
Note: Please refer to the job description (link listed below) for a full position summary and list of required qualifications.
There are three (3) to four (4) positions available. Potential assignments include:
- Health Protection and Investigation Division
- Infectious Diseases, Dental and Sexual Health Division
- Injury and Substance Misuse Prevention Program
Please visit the Region of Waterloo website at http://www.region.waterloo.on.ca. Click on "Careers" on the menu bar at the top of the webpage. Click on "Job Opportunities." Finally, click on "Public Health Planner" to view the full position description and apply to the position.
Please apply online by the Friday, January 30, 2015 closing date. Or, send your resume to: The Regional Municipality of Waterloo, Staffing Coordinator, 150 Frederick Street, 3rd Floor, Kitchener, ON N2G 4J3.
We thank all those who take the time to apply, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
We will accommodate the needs of qualified applicants under the Human Rights Code in all parts of the hiring process.