Deadline January 30, 2015
Why work with us?
Community Food Centres Canada was founded in 2012 to drive the development of a new approach to food in low-income communities. We believe food is a powerful community-building tool that can bring people together around shared goals, build skills and physical and mental health, and create the opportunity for greater equity in many communities. The Research and Evaluation Manager is an integral part of this work in ensuring that we capture the impacts that CFCs and the broader food movement are having across Canada and ways in which we can maximize the social impact that we create.
Who are we looking for?
The Research & Evaluation Manager will guide research and evaluation activities at partner CFCs and provide ongoing research and evaluation supports to CFCs and the broader sector. The ideal candidate will be a skilled evaluator; creative, pragmatic and outcomes-oriented; a warm and personable interviewer with a knack for survey design; a lover of data of all sorts; interested in exploring creative ways of communicating complicated information; flexible and comfortable working in a highly collaborative work environment. He/she will have a demonstrated commitment to food and social justice issues.
- Implement a national evaluation strategy and accompanying tools and systems with Community Food Centres (CFCs) across Canada to allow for consistent and effective measurement of shared outputs, outcomes and impacts in areas such as healthy food access, healthy eating, social inclusion and civic engagement, and strengthening of the community food centre model;
- Provide ongoing research and evaluation support to CFC partners, including program logic model development; articulating theories of change; use of an extensive output tracking database; developing, administering, analyzing and reporting out on various program evaluation tools; and data visualization;
- Manage an annual program survey process involving in-person interviews with program participants from across CFC programs;
- Develop and implement an evaluation plan, in consultation with other team members, for CFCC’s new Good Food Organization (GFOs) initiative;
- Stay on top of relevant issues and best-practices research and effectively disseminate to other staff and partners;
- Manage academic research partnerships;
- Develop and provide evaluation training and accompanying resources to CFC partners, Good Food Organizations and the wider community food sector;
- Supervise a Research & Evaluation Coordinator, whose responsibilities include output database administration, literature review/ research and data entry;
- Work with CFCC’s Director of Communications to effectively communicate research and evaluation results;
- Support the community consultation process undertaken by new CFC partners
- Minimum Masters level education in a related field and 5+ years of experience in a related, progressive work environment (direct experience running food programs and conducting program evaluations considered a strong asset);
- High level of proficiency with mixed methods evaluation and research design, data collection, data storage, qualitative and quantitative analysis, and data dissemination/ visualization;
- Knowledge of a wide range of evaluation approaches commonly used in the social services/ community sector (e.g. participatory evaluation) and experience with implementation;
- Proven project management success;
- Understanding of and experience with theory of change and program logic model development;
- Knowledge of community development and adult education principles;
- Strong writing, communication, facilitation and public speaking skills;
- Understanding of community consultation processes;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel (and database administration an asset);
- Experience managing staff and external partnerships
Position details: Full-time, 37.5/week
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Start date: March 2015
Please send your letter and resume by January 30, 2015 by email to email@example.com with “Research and Evaluation Manager” in the subject line.
CFCC is committed to employment equity and encourages applicants from equity-seeking groups. Only those applicants being considered will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in CFCC.