Deadline February 20, 2015
The Perth District Health Unit (PDHU) is committed to providing people with a healthy, inclusive and accommodating workplace. PDHU is an equal opportunity employer and provides a dynamic and progressive work environment. We currently have an opening for a temporary full- time Public Health Promoter starting immediately until December 2015. Initial assignment will be in the Community Health Department and include Child Health and Oral Health.
Description: Working in a multi-disciplinary setting, the Public Health Promoter plans and implements comprehensive public health programs and services using a variety of health promotion strategies.
- Baccalaureate degree in a health related field
- demonstrated skills in programming planning, implementation and evaluation; health promotion and community development; oral and written communication
- proven ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team
- certificate in Workplace Wellness and Health Promotion is an asset
- computer skills including word processing and Internet
- a valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a safe and well-
- maintained vehicle suitable for carrying out duties on behalf of the employer
- immunizations in accordance with Board policy including annual
- influenza immunization unless medially contra indicated.
Hours: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm; Monday to Friday
Wage: $31.16 – $36.23 per hour
Closing Date: February 20, 2015
Apply in Writing to:
Director of Community Health Perth District Health Unit
653 West Gore Street
Stratford, Ontario, N5A 1L4
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Perth District Health Unit is an equal opportunity employer and values workplace diversity.