North Bay/South River, Ontario
Deadline February 13, 2015
Date Issued: February 2, 2015
Requesting a Quotation for the Following:
We require a contract service provider to assist with a community based research project being conducted in South River, Ontario. The successful service provider will have experience in qualitative research, including data collection (such as facilitating focus groups and key informant interviews), data analysis and report writing.
A Rural Active Living Assessment (RALA) was completed in March 2014 as part of the Healthy Communities project for the municipality of South River. This report provided an evaluation of the existing infrastructure, transportation and recreation spaces that facilitate physical activity, active transportation and active living in the South River community, and recommendations for increasing activity levels within the population. The municipality is now interested in learning more about community perceptions and interests related to these recommendations.
To determine the best use of :
- existing community resources,
- inform the development of new initiatives, and
- support the promotion of current, new and enhanced recreational programs and structures
- explore community interest in and perceptions of active living and local active living environments.
The successful contract service provider will be provided with completed methodological guidelines and established questions to complete data collection and analysis in the community of South River. More specifically, the service provider will:
- Connect with a list of established municipal staff and community partners;
- Explore opportunities for soliciting data through a variety of platforms (e.g. community mailouts, hard copy or electronic surveys);
- Conduct 4 – 6 key informant interviews;
- Conduct 1-2 focus groups; and
- Analyze and summarize findings.
The successful contract service provider will have experience in:
- Conducting focus groups and key informant interviews
- Qualitative research methodology, design and protocols;
- Qualitative research implementation (preferably focus groups);
- Research documentation;
- Qualitative research data collection and analysis; and
- Qualitative research report writing.
Health Unit staff will support the successful contract service provider by providing data collection guidelines and established questions, contact information and other project materials (questions and facilitators guide) as needed. The consultant must be willing to collaborate with Health Unit staff in the facilitation of the data collection, analysis and writing phases of the project. The service provider will report directly to the Manager of Healthy Living at the North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit.
The service provider must be willing to travel to the community of South River to conduct focus groups and interviews as required. Interviews may be completed by telephone or other technology such as SKYPE where appropriate.
Materials Needed: Recording equipment and software.
Timeline: Anticipated project completion date March 31– April 15, 2015 for the various stages in consultation with the successful candidate.
Total budget: TBD
Please return quote by: February 13th
If you require any additional information, please contact Brenda Marshall via the information noted below.
Attention: Brenda Marshall, Manager Healthy Living Team
Tel: 474-1400 x2629
Visit Our Web Site / Visitez notre site Web: http://www.myhealthunit.ca