Deadline February 20, 2015
Terms: Term Contract – 35 hours per week March 2, 2015 until April 29, 2016
An exciting opportunity for a forward-thinking professional to work with a progressive team that values quality service. You will work in a self-directed manner within a collaborative multidisciplinary team to develop, implement and evaluate public health programs; and provide food and nutrition information and support to community members, health professionals, community leaders and health unit staff. Regional travel is an expectation of this position.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a collaborative and empowering working style experienced in program development, adult education, and community capacity building.
- Baccalaureate degree in human nutrition from a recognized university.
- Completion of an accredited internship.
- Member in good standing or eligible member in the College of Dietitians of Ontario
- Minimum of two years’ work experience as a Dietitian, experience in community or public health preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Experience with health promotion principles, project management and community development.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail and the Internet.
Salary: $34.33 to $39.94 per hour
Other: Access to transportation is required. Mileage allowance provided. Successful applicant requires a clear Criminal Record Check and proof of required immunizations prior to start of work.
Submit Resumes to:
Northwestern Health Unit
Career Ad #2015-2
Deadline for Applications: February 20, 2015 @ 12:00 noon CST.
We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation at any stage of the process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.