Deadline February 24, 2015
The Workplace Health Team requires a self-directed, persuasive and professional Public Health Nurse with experience or an interest in planning, implementing and evaluating health promotion programs for the area of workplace health.
- Participate in a multi-disciplinarily team environment to develop, implement and evaluate workplace health programming to fulfill identified needs in the Region of Peel
- Apply knowledge regarding concepts of population health, health inequity, diversity, determinants of health and effective health promotion strategies to guide practice
- Utilize research and evidence, applying critical appraisal skills and evidence-informed decision making to inform policies, programs and practice, in order to achieve improved workplace health outcomes
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders and partners to identify and address workplace health issues and advance program priorities and strategic directions e.g. supporting the Supportive Environment for Healthy Living, Living Tobacco Free strategic priorities.
- A Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing or equivalent as recognized by a Canadian University
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Recent experience in public health or community health nursing preferred
- Knowledge of and demonstrated skill in evidence informed decision making, health promotion principles and strategies, using a population health approach and program planning and evaluation
- Knowledge and experience in workplace health issues and effective strategies is an asset
- Skills in assessment, facilitation, organizational, project management and problem solving
- Effective oral and written communication skills i.e. workplans, report writing, briefings etc.
- Ability to collaborate and negotiate with internal/external partners and stakeholders with tact and diplomacy in order to achieve and balance organizational and stakeholder goals
- Proficient computer skills in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Peel’s diverse community and workplace demographics is an asset
Compensation: As per the Collective Agreement
Location: 7120 Hurontario Street, Mississauga
Hours of work: 35 hours/week - Monday to Friday
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who are currently in the bargaining unit.
Copy: Michelle Eagle (CUPE Local 966)
If this opportunity matches your qualifications and experience, please apply online at http://www.peelregion.ca/hr/ and complete the attached questionnaire.