Deadline March 31, 2015
ParticipACTION is the national voice of physical activity and sport participation in Canada. Originally established in 1971, ParticipACTION was re-launched in 2007 to help prevent the looming inactivity crisis that faces Canada. As a national not-for-profit organization solely dedicated to inspiring and supporting healthy and active living for Canadians, it works with its partners, which include sport, physical activity, recreation organizations, government and corporate sponsors, to inspire and support Canadians to move more. ParticipACTION is generously supported by Sport Canada.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Digital Marketing Specialist is responsible for supporting selected key activities for projects, organizational initiatives and providing broad support to digital marketing/communication functions.
- Create and oversee digital/online plans for website and microsite(s)
- Develop content, in both French and English, for required marketing communications materials (i.e. newsletters, e-blasts, articles, presentations, website content, and other communications materials for internal and external audiences)
- Deploy monthly and project based e-communications through the Zoho CRM platform and online campaign application
- Manage and implement the current website redesign project in French and in English
- Keep all website and microsite(s) content up to date with campaign and seasonal content in French and English
- Update content calendar
- Manage digital platforms and online tools (i.e. Wall of Inspiration, LinkedIn, Youtube, Offerpop, etc.)
- Manage SEO and SEM and ensure overall effectiveness and optimization
- Moderate user-generated content on website
- Contribute to evaluation and reporting of projects from the digital perspective
- Analyze and report digital marketing performance; provide formal quarterly report with recommendations for improvement and future changes
- Manage relationship with digital agency
- Provide technical assistance for website and microsite(s) users
- Manage distribution of digital/online tools
- Investigate and collect supplier quotes
- Manage external consultants and suppliers based upon negotiated deliverables to goals and objectives
- Monitor expenses against predetermined budgets
- Provide support and seek input from partner organizations as necessary
- Maintain the CRM and mailing list database
- Advise on required updates for Zoho CRM as projects demand
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, Web, Business Administration or Physical and Health Education/Promotion, or Sport Marketing/Administration
- 6+ years of Web marketing experience, including planning, implementation, analytics, project management and reporting of digital cross-channel marketing campaigns
- Experience working with advertising and digital agencies
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS.
- Advanced Excel user who is comfortable with pivot tables, lookup, filtering.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in paid search and organic search
- A minimum of 2 years experience in eCRM
- Proven experience in suite of products: Zoho, Wordpress, Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Google Webmastertools, Photoshop and Dreamweaver.
- Proven experience ofleading web redesign project from start to finish
- Familiar working with landing page optimization
- Technical ability to work with a variety of applications and technology related to disseminating marketing campaigns
- Excellent writing abilities, oral communication skills and presentations skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Understanding of design, print, digital, media, promotions, requirements, etc.
- Knowledge of the health and physical activity sector is required
- Ability to think strategically and creatively
- Ability to pay attention to detail and to work as a team member
- Ability to take initiative, work under pressure and multi-task
- Effective project management skills
- Ability to analyze evaluation results and write reports when required
- English/French bilingualism is required
Applications should be submitted to HR@ParticipACTION.com. Please quote salary expectations.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest in ParticipACTION, however only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
Position Type: Permanent
Job Region: ON-Toronto/GTA
Location: Downtown Toronto
Years of Experience: 6+ years minimum
Compensation Type: Salary
Application Deadline: March 31, 2015
1205-77 Bloor St. W., Suite 1205
Toronto, ON M5S 1M2