North Western Ontario
Deadline March 2, 2015
Position: Food and Logistics Coordinator, #2015-3
Location: To Be Determined
Terms: Full-time Permanent, 35 hrs. per week, COPE Local 521
Position Summary: The Food and Logistics Coordinator will facilitate the efficient sourcing, purchasing, storage, and distribution of food within Ontario’s Student Nutrition Program (SNP) through the development of regional and local partnerships with industry, municipalities, and non-government organizations.
This position provides a broad range of supports so that community partners and local sites can maximize SNP funding for the purchase of nutritious, local food.
- Post-secondary education in dietetics, foodservice, cafeteria management, food or agricultural economics, or related study an asset.
- Minimum of three years of related experience working in food purchasing, warehousing, and distribution within Ontario;
- Knowledge of public food procurement processes; and, procedures used in the ordering, receiving, storing and inventory of food and supplies;
- Knowledge of local and regional retail and foodservice distribution channels;
- Knowledge of food safety and traceability protocols and practices, such as Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP);
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations pertaining to food establishments, including sanitation and maintenance regulations;
- Demonstrated knowledge of and maintaining effective past working relationships with key agri-food industry members, including commodity associations, food processing, retail, foodservice, and distribution.
- Able to effectively present recommendations, obtain buy-in and commitment of partners;
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate effectively to secure preferential pricing;
- Experience in managing or setting up a new distribution centre(s) an asset;
- Community development experience an asset;
- Experience in school-nutrition related programs an asset.
Salary: $26.77 - $32.90 per hour, commensurate with experience.
Other: Access to transportation required. Mileage allowance provided. Successful applicant requires a clear Criminal Record Check and proof of required immunization prior to start of work.
Resumes only accepted online at Northwestern Health Unit: https://www.nwhu.on.ca/careers/careeropportunities/Pages/CareerOpportuni..., Career Ad #2015-3
Deadline for Applications: March 2, 2015 at 12:00 noon, CST.