Deadline March 13, 2015
For more than thirty-one years, DSLG has provided a variety of clinical and family support services to developmentally disabled children, adults and their families in Leeds and Grenville. In addition to offering clinical services such as psychological/ psychiatric/behavioural/social work assessments and consultation and play therapy, we strive to make our broad range of support services inclusive and client centred, emphasizing full participation in community life.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will lead this progressive developmental services organization, instilling a culture of Social Good and inspiring and empowering others to achieve greatness. The Executive Director will engage and nurture new and existing relationships with external stakeholders within the community and at a provincial level, identify and capitalize on opportunities for strategic services and raise awareness of the organization’s impact in the United Counties of Leeds and Grenville. The Executive Director will spearhead the strategic planning process for the organization while promoting the on-going value of the Developmental Services sector.
Key leadership attributes will include the ability to:
- Champion a culture of greatness, encouraging staff and people being served to rise to their full potential;
- Refine and advance DSLG’s mandate and strategic priorities with key stakeholders;
- Recognize and promote the value of program accreditation;
- Align the Board of Directors’ Strategic Direction with the operational plans and service delivery resources;
- Demonstrate a strong business acumen and prudent resource management in a multi-funded agency;
- Focus on talent management, succession planning and continuous creativity;
- Chart a culture of evidence-based service enhancements by continuously exploring new ways to improve service levels, explore new ideas and options and evaluate opportunities to ensure they will enhance the lives of individuals with intellectual disabilities;
- Liaise with professional and clinical support groups to maintain a high standard of service level; and
- Continue to develop collaborative partnerships and strategic alliances to further DSLG’s mandate with community and provincial partners.
Education and Experience
The successful candidate should have a post graduate degree in one of the clinical categories and a proven track record as a leader in the not-for-profit sector, preferably in developmental services, proven leadership and partnership skills in a governance structure and the ability to engage community leaders and empower staff to achieve greatness.
For additional information about the position, please visit the DSLG website at http://www.developmental services.com.
To explore this opportunity confidentially, please contact Ann Hysert of ARH & Associates Inc. at 613-857- 7730 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications must be submitted electronically by March 13, 2015.