Deadline March 6, 2015
Permanent, Full-time, Downtown Toronto
Summary of Job
Reporting to the Director of Health Promotion and Survivorship, the Manager, Survivorship will be responsible for the implementation and successful execution of the all assigned survivorship initiatives; particularly the solutions funded as part of PCC’s True NTH network under the direction of the Director, Health Promotion and Survivorship. The Manager will provide overall project management, risk management, coordinate and support the interventions, ensure effective communication and collaboration between stakeholders, and prepare project management documentation and project progress reports for PCC and stakeholders, as required. The Manager is responsible for managing and coordinating the planning, implementation and evaluation of designated programs within the Health Promotion and Survivorship Division.
Initiatives Development & Project Management
- Provide overall project management, risk management, coordination and support for solutions and interventions as designated;
- Provide direction, guidance and support to a national network of health and academic professionals;
- Prepare updates and project progress reports, including program performance and outcomes, for PCC, collaborative network committees, partners and stakeholders as required, and provide recommendations for future planning;
- Manage contractual obligations under the True NTH network agreements and all projects as assigned;
- Monitor timelines, delivery of services and oversee budget for assigned initiatives (including the development of appropriate budget tracking and oversight procedures);
- Develop detailed project plans that identify timelines, deliverables and resource requirements for assigned initiatives; create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements;
- Work with the True NTH Network IT Project Manager in the development and integration of technology components for the interventions; and
- Other related duties as required.
Partnerships & Stakeholder Relations
- Establishes and strengthens collaborative relationships with both internal and external parties and fosters links in areas of mutual interest;
- Liaise with governance bodies, including True NTH Network Advisory Committee and the Global
- Prostate Cancer Survivorship Advisory Committee;
- Coordinate, and deliver, consultation sessions with health professionals, clinical leaders, academic researchers, policy-makers, and prostate cancer survivors and their loved ones;
- Facilitates team and stakeholder meetings effectively;
- Identify partnership opportunities and work with key stakeholders to enhance existing programs and services for men with prostate cancer and their loved ones;
- In conjunction with the Director, Health Promotion and Survivorship, actively promote, share learnings and facilitate collaboration with partners and stakeholders; and
- Represent PCC and promote its mandate and strategic initiatives through presentations, attendance at conferences and other activities.
- Communicates effectively and persuasively at all levels, from the clinical, academic and community based settings through to PCC management team;
- Ensures that all partners and stakeholders are kept fully informed and aligned;
- Diplomatically and effectively manages any conflicts;
- Ensure effective communication and collaboration between all stakeholders participating in the True NTH network and represent PCC in discussions;
- Hold regular status meetings with project/solution teams and keep everyone well informed of changes;
- Communicate with contractors and partners regarding work schedule and verify that the execution of work in completed in a timely manner. Provide additional clarification or guidance to PCC personnel, contractors and partners on tasking instructions, turn-around expectations, funding requirements, and other information, materials or resources needed.
- Respond to queries from the public, community organizations and health care professionals on designated survivorship initiatives; and
- Act as the key contact and point of coordination on designated initiatives.
- Manages workflow and ensures all True NTH Network members and stakeholders have an understanding of issues, deadlines, etc.;
- Appreciates each True NTH Network member's contributions and utilizes them to their fullest potential;
- Motivates True NTH Network members to work together and pro-actively participates in the network
- related activities;
- Manages the process of innovative change effectively; and
- Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices.
- Budget preparation and tracking of all assigned survivorship initiatives. Manage contractual obligations for projects, ensure timely and accurate invoicing and payments, ensure compliance with budget and report variances to Director, Health Promotion and Survivorship
- Director, Health Promotion and Survivorship
- True NTH IT Project Manager
- VP, Research, Health Promotion and Survivorship
- Research, Health Promotion and Survivorship department at PCC
- Marketing and Communications department at PCC
- Finance Department at PCC
- Contractors, partner organizations and key stakeholders as required for all assigned survivorship initiatives
Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree in health promotion, health information, social science or a related field (graduate degree considered an asset);
- Project management professional certification considered an asset.
- Minimum 5 years progressive experience in health program project management and evaluation in a highly collaborative environment, preferably with a health charity or health care system;
- Demonstrated strong leadership in the development and implementation of health programs;
- Minimum 3-5 years progressive experience in managing stakeholder relations, preferably for a health charity or health care system;
- Demonstrated expertise and proven track record in development and implementation of new models of health care management, in either chronic disease management or cancer management;
- Demonstrated experience in innovative scalable health care solutions, leveraging technology;
- Ability to plan and coordinate complex activities, organize multiple tasks and prioritize work;
- Strong knowledge of evaluation methodology and tools;
- Experience in budget planning, forecasting and expenditures;
- Proven strategic thinker;
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and proficient in MS Office;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated collaborative approach to working with a diverse range of stakeholders;
- Ability to work in a fast paced and growth environment while under pressure;
- Commitment to a patient-centered approach to healthcare;
- Ability to travel; and
- Fluency in both official languages considered an asset.
Interested candidates should apply to email@example.com noting “Manager, Survivorship” in subject line. Applications will be accepted until March 6, 2015.
We thank you for your interest in Prostate Cancer Canada however we will only contact applicants moving on to the next step of our process.
No agencies, please.