February 27-March 1, 2015
Sidney Smith Hall, 100 St George Street, University of Toronto
Canadian Students For Sensible Drug Policy (CSSDP) will be hosting its 7th Annual National Conference, "A Rising Revolution: Drug Policy Reform Around the Globe.” The CSSDP Annual National Conference is the only national drug policy conference in Canada. In conjunction with the Toronto CSSDP Chapter, this interdisciplinary event will provide a platform for youth, students, researchers, service providers, people who use drugs, and allies to share ideas, exchange knowledge, and organize for future actions.
A Rising Revolution will discuss alternatives to prohibition including decriminalization, legalization, and regulation. There will also be a focus on evidence-based public health solutions, such as pragmatic harm reduction and treatment approaches. Some topics that will be covered during the conference include global drug policy reform, the international drug control regime (including the upcoming United Nation Special Session on Drugs in 2016), cannabis legalization and medicinal use, nightlife harm reduction, and studies of the use of psychedelic drugs in medicine.
- Dr. Carl Hart, Author of "High Price: A Neuroscientist's Journey of Self-Discovery That Challenges Everything You Know About Drugs and Society"
- Ayesha Mian, President, Students for Sensible Drug Policy UK
- Marc Emery, Prince of Pot, Cannabis Culture
- Jodie Emery, Owner & Director, Cannabis Culture Magazine, Pot TV, Cannabis Culture Store, BCMP Lounge
- Donald MacPherson, Executive Director, Canadian Drug Policy Coalition, Co-Author of "Raise Shit!: Social Action Saving Lives"
- Dana Larsen, Director, Sensible BC
For more information and tickets visit: http://www.eventbrite.ca/e/cssdp-national-conference-2015-a-rising-revol....