St. Thomas, Ontario
March 16, 2015
Located in Southwestern Ontario, 20 kilometers south of London, the Elgin St. Thomas Public Health (ESTPH) is dedicated to building a healthy community by promoting and supporting the health of the people who live, work, and play in Elgin County through the delivery of effective public health programs and services.
Through health promotion and prevention disease management programs, the Elgin St. Thomas Public Health delivers services to both an urban and rural region with a population of over 84,000.
Reporting to the Director Health Protection Department, the successful candidate will contribute as part of a leadership team to a multi-disciplinary team of professionals and support staff of ESTPH. Working collaboratively with staff and community partners, the successful candidate will demonstrate effective leadership skills to further the Health Unit’s program goals and objectives.
- Successful completion of a Bachelors degree in a specialized field of public health/health administration with a strong understanding of public health theory and practice.
- Current registration or eligible registration with a Regulated Health Professional College or regulatory body as recognized in the province of Ontario.
- Minimum of three (3) successful years of experience of prior health care leadership role.
- Extensive knowledge of regulatory, inspection and enforcement requirements associated with the Health Protection & Promotion Act.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving along with exceptional facilitation and coaching skills
- Effective leadership attributes to manage, motivate and develop a relationship with peers and individuals reporting to the position.
- Knowledge and ability to participate in budget development, management and implementation.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with a wide range of professionals.
- Proven ability to be a team player while leading and providing guidance and consultation for front line employees.
- Experience in providing employee direction, goals, objectives and oversight to public health policy and program planning
- Ability to promote the values of shared leadership and team collaboration.
- Minimum of 5 years prior experience as a Public Health Nurse is preferred.
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 16, 2015.
Elgin St. Thomas Public Health strives to meet the standards set out in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Customer Service Regulation, and will support candidates to modify our recruitment and selection process, should there be a need to modify or remove barriers in order to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should a candidate be contacted and require accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment and selection processes, please notify the Human Resources representative who has contacted you.
Apply online for this job: http://www.elginhealth.on.ca/apply.asp?TITLE=Manager,%20Health%20Protect...
For further information about the Elgin St. Thomas Public Health and the community we serve, please visit us at http://www.elginhealth.on.ca.
Manager, Human Resources
Elgin St. Thomas Public Health