Deadline March 27, 2015
Public Health Dietitian
Health Promotion Division
Full-Time Limited (up to August 20, 2016, with the possibility of an extension)
Location: 1300 Paris St., City of Greater Sudbury
We are currently seeking a highly motivated health professional to contribute to our organizational mission of working with our communities to promote and protect health and prevent disease.
- Coordinating the Northern Fruit and Vegetable program.
- Assists in planning, developing, and implementing healthy eating programs, services and projects in collaboration with staff, schools and community partners.
- Applies various health promotion and community development strategies to support school initiatives.
- Assists in the planning and delivery of workshops, school and community events.
- Provides and/or assists with presentations to various groups.
- Assists in the development, revision and update of educational resources.
- Maintains liaison and support/training for school volunteers delivering Northern Fruits and vegetables.
- Communicates and liaises with health unit staff, health and social service professionals media, educators, agencies and community at large on nutrition issues
- Advocates for healthy eating and healthy weights issues within the school community
- Ability to reflect the Sudbury & District Health Unit’s mission, vision, philosophy, and strategic priorities in day-to-day work.
- Knowledge and understanding of the social determinants of health inequities and ability to apply to public health practice.
- Builds community relationships through involvement with internal and external committees, task forces and coalitions.
- Maintains required professional memberships and competencies.
- Working outside normal working hours may be required.
- Travel to district office areas will be required.
- Membership with the College of Dietitians of Ontario is required.
- Satisfactory criminal reference check.
- Current Ontario driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Proficiency in both official languages is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work within interdisciplinary teams as well as with multiple schools, groups, children & youth and with adult influencers
- Strong organizational and computer skills.
- Must be flexible, creative and possess strong problem solving skills.
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Self-directed learner/worker who requires minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree in food and nutrition or equivalent from a recognized university.
Résumés will be accepted until March 27, 2015 and should be sent in confidence to:
Ms. Lori-Ann Holland, Administrative Assistant, Corporate Services Division
Sudbury & District Health Unit
1300 Paris Street
Sudbury, ON P3E 3A3
Email: email@example.com (Microsoft Word format only)
Tel: 705.522.9200, ext. 200
Please include the title of the position in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, we will contact only those selected for interviews. The Sudbury & District Health Unit is an equal opportunity employer.
All information is collected solely for the purposes of job selection under the provisions of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.