November 16-18, 2015
Interested in learning about the latest developments in substance abuse and addiction prevention, treatment, policy and best practice from national and international experts? Looking to expand your networks and share knowledge with fellow healthcare professionals, researchers, policy officers and frontline practitioners?
Join us in the beautiful city of Montreal for the Issues of Substance 2015 conference.
Hosted by the Canadian Centre on Substance Abuse in partnership with Mise sur toi, the theme for 2015 is “Addiction matters.”
- The complexity of concurrent disorders (e.g., mental health and substance use, gambling and substance use)
- Responsible and problem gambling
- Drugs of evolving legal status (e.g., marijuana, novel psychoactive substances, e-cigarettes)
- Gaps in care and addressing them with integrated and coordinated approaches
- Health promotion, substance abuse prevention and early identification
- Recovery, health and well-being
- Indigenous approaches to addiction and healing
Keynote presentations include:
- Expert marijuana panel: A moderated discussion from a range of perspectives, including health, enforcement, industry and youth.
- “How ‘new’ are the new addictions?” Dr. Marc Valleur, Psychiatrist and Director of the Marmottan Hospital, France; and Dr. Louise Nadeau, Professor, Department of Psychology, University of Montreal
- “System Change and Advances in Treatment” Dr. A. Thomas McLellan, former Deputy Director, White House Office of National Drug Control Policy; Dr. David Gustafson, Professor of Industrial Engineering and Preventive Medicine, University of Wisconsin
Sponsorship and exhibit opportunities are available: http://www.ccsa.ca/Eng/newsevents/Issues-of-Substance-Conference/Sponsor....
Watch our promo video for a sneak peek of conference content: http://www.ccsa.ca/Eng/pages/videos.aspx?source=333&Title=Issues%20of%20...
Save $100 on registration with the early bird special of $695.
Register now: https://event-wizard.com/IOS2015/0/register/.