Deadline April 30, 2015
If you believe in helping all children and youth value and enjoy the lifelong benefits of healthy active living, we want to meet you!
Ophea is a dynamic not-for-profit organization with a staff of approximately 30 individuals. Services are provided to a variety of individuals including elementary and secondary school teachers, public health professionals, and recreation leaders. Ophea also works closely with provincial government ministries, corporations, and other not-for-profit organizations.
Ophea has applied for funding through Canada Summer Jobs (Government of Canada) and The Summer Experience Program (Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport) and is seeking one to two students to work in a Web Communications/Technology Assistant role.
The successful candidate(s) will start in May. The pay rate will be $15.00 per hour. In keeping with the program guidelines, applicants must fit the following criteria:
Summer Experience Program:
- Currently enrolled in secondary, or post –secondary institutions or within six months of graduation
- Have reached the minimum age of 15 years and not yet reached the age of 25 years on the first day of employment (Note: Disabled persons within the meaning of s. 10 of the Ontario Human Rights Code) may be up to 29 years of age)
- 34 day duration
Canada Summer Jobs:
- Is between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment
- Was registered as full-time student in the previous academic year and intends to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year
- Is a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Is legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations
- 9 week maximum
Knowledge (formal education or general knowledge) required:
- Post Secondary education in content management, communications or related discipline. Knowledge of the health and physical activity community, particularly as it pertains to children and youth is an asset. Bilingualism is also an asset.
- 1 to 2 years experience developing and maintaining web sites using content management systems. Proven experience in using Drupal content management systems is preferred however experience with Wordpress or Joomla will be considered. Design software such as Photoshop and InDesign is an asset.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the development and ongoing maintenance of Ophea's web based systems and data bases including www.ophea.net and other programmatic website
- Provides administrative support and coordination for projects in his/her portfolio
- Provides support for digital communications including social media
- Performs other duties as assigned
To apply, please reference posting “Summer Student” and please forward your resume by April 30, 2015 to:
1 Concord Gate, Suite 608
Toronto, ON M3C 3N6
Fax: (416) 426-7373 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.