Deadline April 30, 2015
If you are passionate about a career in helping all children and youth value and enjoy the lifelong benefits of healthy active living, we want to meet you!
Ophea is a dynamic not-for-profit organization with a staff of approximately 30 individuals. Services are provided to a variety of individuals including elementary and secondary school teachers, public health professionals, and recreation leaders. Ophea also works closely with provincial government ministries, corporations, and other not-for-profit organizations.
The Web Communications Assistant supports Ophea in its use of technology to develop and maintain web based systems, store content and communicate and deliver its products and services to its clients and stakeholders.
Knowledge (formal education or general knowledge) required:
- Post Secondary education in content management, communications or related discipline. Knowledge of the health and physical activity community, particularly as it pertains to children and youth is an asset. Bilingualism is also an asset.
Skills & Experience required:
- 2-3 years experience developing and maintaining web sites using content management systems. Proven experience in using Drupal content management systems is preferred however experience with Wordpress or Joomla will be considered. Design software such as Photoshop and InDesign is an asset.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the development and ongoing maintenance of Ophea's web based systems and data bases including http://www.ophea.net and other programmatic websites
- Provides administrative support and coordination for projects in his/her portfolio
- Provides support to moderation of all social media channels and online forums
- Performs other duties as assigned
To apply, please reference posting “Web Communications Assistant” and please forward your resume by April 30, 2015 to:
1 Concord Gate, Suite 608
Toronto, ON M3C 3N6
Fax: (416) 426-7373
Please note: Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.