Deadline April 30, 2015
If you are passionate about a career in helping all children and youth value and enjoy the lifelong benefits of healthy active living, we want to meet you!
Ophea is a dynamic not-for-profit organization with a staff of approximately 30 individuals and a mandate to support schools and communities through quality programs and services, partnerships and advocacy. Services are provided to a variety of individuals including elementary and secondary school teachers, public health professionals, and recreation leaders. Ophea also works closely with provincial government ministries, corporations, and other not-for-profit organizations.
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator coordinates the implementation of marketing and communications activities, including social media, and assists in planning, reporting and related administration processes.
Knowledge (formal education or general knowledge) required:
- Post Secondary degree/diploma in marketing, communications, public/media relations, or related discipline. An understanding and knowledge related to health and physical education, physical activity, health promotion and the Ontario education sector is an asset.
Skills & Experience required:
- Two to four years experience developing communications materials including writing for the web, social media experience, developing messaging, creating promotional materials, advertisements, and newsletters. Strong writing, editing, research, and organizational skills required as well as strong project management and interpersonal skills. Understanding of graphic design, printing processes and familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator is an asset. Bilingualism is a very strong asset.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates and supports the implementation of marketing and communication activities including social media
- Coordinates market research for Ophea and programs
- Provides administrative support for projects in his/her portfolio
- Monitors and maintains budgets specific to portfolio
- Performs other duties as assigned
To apply, please reference posting “M&C Coordinator” and forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations no later than April 30, 2015 to:
1 Concorde Gate, Suite 608
North York, Ontario M3C 3N6
Fax: (416) 426-7373
Please note: Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.